Cheers.....I tend to look at 1/72 builds first which is probably how I missed it, I'm actually supposed to be in that GB! :blush:

There are some fine Ju 88's being built, I've always found 1/48 a bit of a treat as I would get the bigger scale kits for Birthdays etc. I wanted to get the 88 done before giving undevided attention to this GB as I've not got a massive work area. You could add an 88 build with your tanks and have a cross boundary GB?

• 2 weeks later...

Picked my building up today, as soon as I got home I cut the outer prices of the building out. to see how much space I would have, then roughly arranged everyone. I'm thinking of adding the motor bike as an abandoned wreck with some rubble and snow over it

64d82f2a7529e37fe26abfba3623827a_zpslf6l

The chaps by the door will be going up the stairs to clear the building, hopefully I will build them tonight.

e2fedd049240ded697287e26131bf0c0_zpslnwl

• Like 5

That looks like a great looking building scene - MiniArt do a fantastic job with these don't they. Looks like you're assembling a superb diorama there! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

That looks like a great looking building scene - MiniArt do a fantastic job with these don't they. Looks like you're assembling a superb diorama there! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

I've got to agree this is my 3rd Miniart kit, they build into an instant diorama which is OK by me. I've built up my stash of plaster bricks, I'm also thinking of some barrels as a barrier towards the back.

• Like 2

It's suddenly looking very real! It's great to get a taste of what's to come :)

Cliff

Fantastic diorama, I can't believe how much you have done in such a short time, congratulations.

Cheers Pat

Cliff, Pat,

Thanks, these builds are the start of my building year I think that's why they have come together quite quickly. The Miniart kit has really brought it all together, hopefully I'll get some rubble on the base this weekend. Then I can fit the road wheel arms and tracks to take into account the different positions of the road wheels. I'm thinking of mounting it all on a slightly raised base to the put in some craters with exposed pipes.

• Like 3

This is inspiring stuff! Glad to see someone else's work area looks as busy as mine too! :D

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

This is inspiring stuff! Glad to see someone else's work area looks as busy as mine too! :D

Best regards

Tony

Thanks tony, I get all my inspiration from seeing ideas on here and seeing if I can do the same. I start off with a clear work bench, then before I know it I'm working in the box top on my knees. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Wow! The rubble really gives an impact! Are the bricks homemade or bought?

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix I got a little busy last night, they are a mixture of Pegasus and plus models. I have used all of the Pegasus ones, they are the gray ones.

war finished early today so decided to do some scratch building, as I wasn't entirely happy with the kits duct. I've also positioned the road wheels over the rubble, ready to apply the tracks once the road wheel arms have dried in position.

7081760f9c844e07d86992be221f9e18_zpsqozi

• Like 5

Hi Ozzy. Thanks for the info. The scratchbuilt ductwork looks better than the kit version! :thumbsup:

Thanks Stix,

I think the kit duct would have been better if it was not part of the vac form parts, as the join wasn't that great.

• Like 1

Very nicely composed.....Instantly thought of Stalingrad Tractorworks. :thumbsup:

Thanks sarge,

That's the look I wanted to create, I'm glad that it's what everyone else sees.

Looking good Ozzy, lovely set piece.

All the best Chris

Thanks Chris,

It's been in the planning for about 2 years, so plenty of time to work out how it was all going to go together. Looking forward to you submarine builds.

This dio is going to be interesting and busy! Great work.

Thanks Roberto,

I wanted to create the effect of hordes of Russians retaking there homeland.

Got the tracks on, just need to fit a few more bits of brass and she'll be ready for painting. I've also done a little more ground work, I used Tamiya's textured paint for the mud will give it a coat of Russian earth pigment once primed. I've also started inside the factory.

0d120ddde5bbe269091487b10efa4d98_zpsmldv

6afc91cd6e228a78d5bf9139fd82f0f8_zps9th7

6296d7fbf8cf54a5a662dad58501fc24_zpsdgze

8b1c98c1c9a1132b6979285a4e56c075_zpse0tr

• Like 5

Excellent progress Ozzy. It's starting to look like a really chaotic scene - spot on! :thumbsup:

Thanks Stix, it definitely getting there.

• Like 1

This is great. I like the broken floorboards and crumbled Bricks on the upper storey. The duct looks very realistic now painted. In fact the whole scene looks very realistic :thumbsup2:

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

This is great. I like the broken floorboards and crumbled Bricks on the upper storey. The duct looks very realistic now painted. In fact the whole scene looks very realistic :thumbsup2:

Best regards

Tony

Thanks Tony,

I've got some mor bricks and bits to go on the floor of the factory, I brought a set of Tamiya barrels to use with the motorbike. I'm also going to build some sort of barbed wire barricade of some discription. I have also thought of cutting the duct to look as though, it's broken off as the support has been damaged.

• Like 1