That's a nice start :) The barrel looks superb. The brass work looks very intricate but worth it. I always struggle terrible getting that stuff to stick where I want it, and not on my fingers :D

Always nice to get a new paint set. Hope your base arrives soon. I'm also stuck waiting for a parcel from the big 'H' with my bits and bobs for the GB.

Reading up is a good way to deal with the waiting!

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

I missed this one starting, but glad to catch up now. It shows great promise! :popcorn:

Cliff

Thanks Cliff,

I've only just got started, there is still plenty more to come over the summer. I just hope I can fit it all on one base.

That's a nice start :) The barrel looks superb. The brass work looks very intricate but worth it. I always struggle terrible getting that stuff to stick where I want it, and not on my fingers :D

Always nice to get a new paint set. Hope your base arrives soon. I'm also stuck waiting for a parcel from the big 'H' with my bits and bobs for the GB.

Reading up is a good way to deal with the waiting!

Best regards

Tony

Thanks Tony,

Etch work is one of my areas for improvement, I had a bit of a game with them this afternoon. I've since got a little paint on the turret, it paints really well even with a brush. I ordered from my local model shop so may take a couple of weeks, I hope your bits turn up.

Ozzy

• Like 1

Excellent progress Ozzy. The PE is definitely adding to the overall appearance. I will be interested to see the green from your paint set as well.

And I have to say I'm blaming you for my purchase of the very same Dragon T34!! I was in a model shop in Birmingham on Friday and saw it on sale for just under £30. It's a really great kit - as I've seen in this thread! It'll be a while before I make it but I've now got your thread bookmarked! Thank you. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Excellent progress Ozzy. The PE is definitely adding to the overall appearance. I will be interested to see the green from your paint set as well.

And I have to say I'm blaming you for my purchase of the very same Dragon T34!! I was in a model shop in Birmingham on Friday and saw it on sale for just under £30. It's a really great kit - as I've seen in this thread! It'll be a while before I make it but I've now got your thread bookmarked! Thank you. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Stix thanks,

You won't regret it if I was waning to see where I'm going to put rubber on the base, so I can position the road wheels I would have had it built by now.there is some nice detail on the breech and the underside of the turret hatch, in step 11 the part F 17 there are only 8 of these so I used them on the top and wrapped the brass around, that's why it came out a little squif. On the whole the brass does make a differance, that's the good thing about these early dragon smart kits they come with everything you need. Here is a picture of the painted turret, it's not 1,000,000 miles from humbrol 102.

50ae770448f1a531e1fa1e50accfa8e2_zpssam5

• Like 6

Lookmg good - and, from the photo, your Humbrol 102 looks pretty close to my Akad 4BO :)

Thanks Robert,

I used the mig green, it was PlaStix that used the 102 on his build. I'm going to give it a worn whitewash coating.

• Like 1

Thanks Robert,

I used the mig green, it was PlaStix that used the 102 on his build. I'm going to give it a worn whitewash coating.

Ah, makes sense. Still, it looks good, I like the colour variation you are getting, especially on the turret side.

• Like 1

The green looks great and it is similar to Humbrol 102 but mine's looking lighter now because of the dry-brushing. I know what you mean about the early/first release Dragon kits coming with everything. I've bought a couple of their's where they're the later releases and they don't include all the goodies! :weep: - that's why I was pleased when I saw this kit in the model shop and could look inside and see it was the same release as yours and relatively cheap :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

The green looks great and it is similar to Humbrol 102 but mine's looking lighter now because of the dry-brushing. I know what you mean about the early/first release Dragon kits coming with everything. I've bought a couple of their's where they're the later releases and they don't include all the goodies! :weep: - that's why I was pleased when I saw this kit in the model shop and could look inside and see it was the same release as yours and relatively cheap :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Ah a model shop you can open the boxes, I went into one in Poole and the owner had a moan that I took the box off the shelf. The fit so far has been good, I think that will follow through the remaining parts.

• Like 1

Ah a model shop you can open the boxes, I went into one in Poole and the owner had a moan that I took the box off the shelf. The fit so far has been good, I think that will follow through the remaining parts.

Yeah it is good when you have chance to check inside. I tend to buy more models when I've had chance to look at the contents. I like to see the detail and get a sense that all the sprues and extras are present. Most model shops I use are okay about me taking a look but I always ask first. Some shop owners like to open it themselves and then hand it over whereas some just let me get on with it. I don't mind either way as long as I can get a look at the contents.

Glad the fit of the parts has been good.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Yeah it is good when you have chance to check inside. I tend to buy more models when I've had chance to look at the contents. I like to see the detail and get a sense that all the sprues and extras are present. Most model shops I use are okay about me taking a look but I always ask first. Some shop owners like to open it themselves and then hand it over whereas some just let me get on with it. I don't mind either way as long as I can get a look at the contents.

Glad the fit of the parts has been good.

Kind regards,

Stix

I remember when I was a young lad writing off to Airfix, to say the instructions weren't within the kit and could you send me a new set. I hadn't brought the kit yet, I was just making sure I was getting value for my pocket money.

• Like 2

I've got the arms and heads on, just laying them out on the tank to see if they all fit and how it looks. Will get around to build the others over the weekend. The tamiya set are just how I remember them a really good fit, as you get from Tamiya.

6a7c1c42a2d4560dc311c0907a4e274d_zpsxslb

• Like 3

They look really good! Lots of movement suggested by the poses, really brings it to life. Really looking forwards to seeing them painted. Great stuff :)

Tony

• Like 2

They look really good! Lots of movement suggested by the poses, really brings it to life. Really looking forwards to seeing them painted. Great stuff :)

Tony

Thanks Tony,

I've seen loads of documentary on the eastern front, I wanted to capture the movement of the Russian troops as you see in original footage. Hopefully it will come out like that.

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy. Those figures are really going to add your project - they look great. I've just been thanking you over in my thread because, thanks to your build, I thought I'd like to have some figures with mine and I was lucky enough to find some similar, but in 1/48, in a model shop earlier this week. :thumbsup:

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy. Those figures are really going to add your project - they look great. I've just been thanking you over in my thread because, thanks to your build, I thought I'd like to have some figures with mine and I was lucky enough to find some similar, but in 1/48, in a model shop earlier this week. :thumbsup:

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

I've just seen your set, they will look fantastic around your build. I wish they would have re vamped the 1/35 set to encompass the crew set and the chaps with the machine gun. My weekend going well, thanks for asking. Hope your enjoying yours?

• Like 1

Thanks Stix,

I've just seen your set, they will look fantastic around your build. I wish they would have re vamped the 1/35 set to encompass the crew set and the chaps with the machine gun. My weekend going well, thanks for asking. Hope your enjoying yours?

I hadn't realised there was more than one set in the 1/48 versions - it is a shame they don't do that in 1/35.

Glad you are having a good weekend. Thank you, I always enjoy weekends - I get to do some kit building!

• Like 1

I hadn't realised there was more than one set in the 1/48 versions - it is a shame they don't do that in 1/35.

Glad you are having a good weekend. Thank you, I always enjoy weekends - I get to do some kit building!

Yep you will have your own little Army once there all built.

• Like 1

Though I would let you have a look at another Russian front project, I've got on the go. The Ju 88 is ICM and the T-34's are armourfast.

c93a85a8730ec265208eb1ed803a57b4_zpshsab

• Like 5

Just been looking at this over in your build thread and I am well impressed. I really like these action displays!

Thanks Stix,

I don't make to many aircraft but I find doing them a nice distraction from armour modelling, since doing the Battle of Britain GB I like the idea of displaying the aircraft flying.

• Like 1