Which Milliput for Aircraft modelling ?

Lightning1968

Looking into buying some Milliput and just wondered if anyone had a preferance on which one to use for aircraft models as i notice their are five types and i only want to buy one tube. Looking towards the standard yellow/grey or the silver/grey which is a finer version. Also can it be painted once dry.

Cheers,

Mark.

I've only ever used the Red box, which I think is quite hard to sand compared to others but it's the cheapest and works well. I've never had to sand it too much and I've never had a problem with it. Paints good too, Just use a good primer before hand.

I mostly use the superfine white ,find it easier to work with and sand down than the standard milliput.

Andrew

Ditto

I've always used the yellow/grey myself. Never had any trouble working with it, but I always leave it to cure for way longer than the advertised time, otherwise it seems to clog up any files/sanders I use on it.

Yellow grey for me and if anyone can tell me where the heck I left please tell me.

With the carpet monster?

So it looks like yellow/grey or superfine white. I have read though that white filler can show through paint but surly if it's primed properly it shouldn't. What do others think about this ?

Thanks all for some good answers.

Mark.

I have read though that white filler can show through paint but surly if it's primed properly it shouldn't

Exactly, with primer there is no way you will get show through.