Airfix 1/72 Eurofighter.... Aggressor?

Hello again!

I've been down with a nasty case of modellers block lately, and to shake it off I decided to do a quick build of the Airfix Eurofighter in 1/72.

The kit has little to no detail, and raised panel lines which aren't necessarily accurate. I did precious little research, and even less detailing on the aircraft- saving it for when I build the Hasegawa offering.Built almost entirely OOB, I sanded off all raised detail, and slapped together the parts with putty where ever required. I couldn't resist adding a touch of detail in the exhausts and an instrument panel. The main goal was to get directly to paint as soon as possible to test out an airbrush I purchased recently.

The kit decals were damaged, so I turned to spares to source some. Finding a dozen unused Red Stars lying around from older kits and various decal sheets, and recently viewing a cool color scheme of the Su-30....

... I present to you the Eurofighter Aggressor.

EeUDmmy.jpg

q4W0wI8.jpg

In a first, I weathered the undersides of the fuselage using pencil lead and masking tape. The results weren't too bad.

v5un2rj.jpg

Thanks for watching! :)

Cheers,

Alex.

• Like 35

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Super creativity! Great paint scheme, well-executed. What a smart way to make lemonade out of lemons. Gives me some ideas... I LIKE it!

Thom

• Like 1