• 1 month later...

... sshhh... Don't tell everyone, but I've got undercoat on this thing. Tamiya white primer, rubbed down with 4/0 steel wool, and hopefully I'll get first colour on it tomorrow (if we can dignify grey by calling it a color).

Photo when I get my laptop back together.

Remember, mum's the word...

• Like 4

In a rare frenzy of modelling activity, the white F-16 is now one shade of grey. Photos have been taken, but I can't be bottomed adding them to Flikr and going through all the posting motions - I'll do a bulk photo update when I have something worth showing off.

Here's hoping I'll make the deadline...

• Like 1

All 3 greys are (sort-of kind-of) on. Some touching up (ooh err Matron) to do, then the masking can come off and the radome can be masked off for whatever grey goes on that. Hopefully, Thems As Knows won't be too put out by my attempt.

After the radome, decals and dangly bits.

That deadline is looking like it's beaten (said he, ignoring hubris yet again.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Roight... Paint is on. Dangly bits and 'splodey bits are painted and awaiting some sort of wash/detail painting/whatever. Canopy was unmasked by 'someone' who was in a rush to see what sort of mess had been made but forgot that the gloss coat | decals | satin coat had to go on first. If I catch him, imma give him such a slappin'... in the meantime, that'll have to have a quick remask before further work. Then the (thankfully simple - gotta love those practical Danes; no foolin' about with naff fancy markings, just put enough on to do the ID job) decals and a top coat. This'un won't get weathered before the GB ends, but HOPEFULLY (fingers etc crossed) I'll have enough time to finish to a photographable standard.

• Like 3

Thanks Col, if by 'good progress', you mean 'taking 3 months to build a simple kit OOB' then yes, I'm making good progress. :)

It is...takes me a couple of weeks to get the sprues washed :)

• Like 1