MiG-21 Michen

Hello.

I would like to add a Mig-21 drone. Col tells me this is OK as long as it was in service in the 1980s.

I've read on line (https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=-AWgAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA44&lpg=PA44&dq=akhtubinsk+M-21&source=bl&ots=d3yQ897s8G&sig=Bk5SyiXqO0kbttcip1pQ_OL7ZmM&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiM0bOkttrMAhVWGsAKHdK_Dy0Q6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=akhtubinsk%20M-21&f=false) that these were active at Ahktubinsk into the late 80s. According to Yefim Gordon's MiG 21 book (2008) they were still active there at the time of writing, the first conversions having been carried out in the 1960s.

The RS kit looks very nice but either I've lost the ejection seat, or it was never in the box. So, I've got a Pavla one suitable for the MiG-21PFM. I have got some Bergamot stencils for the MiG-21PFM but forgot to photograph them.

Box_zpsdoa2rsnj.jpg

Sprues%201_zpsfmb0vsnr.jpg

Sprues%202_zpsvent7fcb.jpg

Sprues%203_zpssxtb9vv7.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Alan

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hello.

I'm not sure I'll get this finished on time but thought I'd post some progress photos before closing up the fuselage:

cockpit_zpspyrfevb6.jpg

nose%20weight_zpsv0ugxx4p.jpg

shock%20cone_zpscbksikve.jpg

The cockpit green is the mig acrylic colour with a black oil wash. The instruments are mike grant decals and the nose weight is lead shot. All held together with large blobs of epoxy.

Alan

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well...this is nothing like finished on time. Too much work and not enough play:

20160813_114536_zpsmkc7bkz8.jpg

20160813_114714_zps1jnbkc6b.jpg

I took all of last weekend to get the wings on straight and pinned with some brass. Quite a lot of filling and sanding ahead. And re-scribing: this is covered in rivets and what-have-you. A petty nice kit but very short-run.

Into the KUTA GB!

Alan

Sorry to hear real life has been getting in the way but I hope we can continue watching your progress on this one Alan.

Thanks.

I am keen to go on with this. I'm also keen to plan the next GB for me, but the 2016 calenders seem to have disappeared. That's a locked thread and there's no where there to ask: where are they?

Alan