1/200 Trumpeter Missouri with glass case

It looks impressive but I would suggest taking pics without the Perspex case on it, as the flash is bouncing off the case.

One thing I can spot straight away is the hull is painted incorrectly. The Navy Blue did not go all the way up to the top of the bow. The Navy Blue in the MS-22 scheme only went up the top of the hull, aft of the bow sheer and continued in a straight line to the bow. If you google USS Missouri ms22 and look at the images, you'll see what I mean. Also what colour did you paint the decks? If you're trying to depict the ship in wartime all decks should be painted in Deck Blue. At some point after the war ended the wooden decks would have reverted back to natural wood.

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

Mikemx

I had posted photos of the model without the case on the topic " Trumpeter 1/200 Missouri finished"

These latest pictures were meant to show the base and the glass case which I finally received today so the reflection from the flash is unavoidable. Now it's under glass it stays like that as that case is heavy and a real trick for one person to place as it's 60" long x 13" high and I don't think I'll ever try to remove it.

My model is depicted as she appeared on Navy Day in new York Oct 27, 1945 when President Truman visited but without the huge "MISSOURI" sign painted on the sides.

While transiting back from the Pacific at war's end the hull was painted overall blue so I didn't need to mask off the gray on the bow and the decks were holystoned back to natural rather than 20-B blue. The 20mm mounts were removed from abreast of B turret but I didn't go that far as I couldn't figure out how to repair the Pontos wooden deck if I removed the guns and tubs. The tops of the 5" turrets also repainted from 20-B to gray so that saved me a lot of masking.

The model has the Pontos detail up set with the teak deck and a little Tamiya smoke overspray to darken the deck a bit and also the Veteran Models resin 40mm mounts. I had originally tried the Pontos blue deck but it's too blue and the wrong blue so I scrapped it and purchased the teak deck which is a little too yellow, can't win!!

Regards,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...