Airfix 1/12 Bentley Blower

Hi guys,

Been working on getting the firewall and engine into place. The metal plates on the firewall are made from ally sheets, and the various metal parts are made from either ally or brass tubes. Took me quite some time to get the firewall and engine secured into place.

20170227_212013.jpg

I'll have more pictures once I get the plumbing done in the next few days.

Regards,

Jeremy

• Like 8

Some updates.

Been busy detailing up this side of the engine. I'll add some light washes to the parts, with the fan to be added soon. 

20170302_230616.jpg

20170302_230643.jpg

20170302_230653.jpg

Better photos will follow over the weekend.

Regards,

Jeremy

• Like 8

Thanks Roy,

It's a great kit to go crazy with the detailing. The availability of photos also helped alot.

Looking closely at the photos, I do need to get the washes done on the added parts to balance the look.

Regards,

Jeremy

As usual great execution and attention to details.

In your place i would think twice on adding more washes, it looks so realistic already.

Taking your time on this one is a huge pay off.

I hope you are enjoying this immensely.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave Ancona said:

This is looking very good indeed, your attention to detail is first rate, how are you intending to deal with the badge position on the radiator ?

Hi Dave,

I have drilled out the badge and grafted it slightly higher. I don't have pictures of how I did it, but it's similar to what a fellow member Limeypilot has posted on his thread. Most important thing is to reinforce the back since a lot of sanding will still be required.

Regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

This is really looking fantastic!

The one thing I see which you may want to look into is the tachometer drive. That is the "bullet" nose at the front of the camshaft casing, and should be attached to the bell shaped piece at the front right. The cable running back along the camshaft cover side is the drive cable. I'm on my phone right now so can't access pics but I think I posted some on my build.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the feedback. The bell shaped piece is not fixed in place yet. I'll fix it permanently once I have mounted the fan. The bell shaped piece just slips into the guitar wire, so it's easily moveable. Tough part is getting the guitar wire to conform to the required shape.

One thing to note is that there are very low space tolerances between the pieces. Even though the whole area looks fairly open, it took me ages to get everything fitted in.

Regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

I'm very impressed, Jeremy, by the extreme quality of your work, and your great attention to fine details.

I've this kit in my stash, and, in due course, with your permission, you work would be inspirational

Keep on posting, for our great pleasure

Regards

CC

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Currently working on the wheels. In the picture below, there seems to be the 4 cylindrical things (circled red) on the rear wheels and also the spare wheel, but not on the 2 front ones. There are also some coils (circled blue). Are they for balancing purpose?

29-Bentley-4-25Ltr-Blwr4-DV-09_PBC_04.jp

Regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I don't think I've commented on this build yet, have been following from the start too, but I have to say.....what a bloody exceptional job you're doing!!!

I doffeth my cap in your direction,Sir!:D

Cheers, H

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Been busy with the wheels.

The nipples were made from 0.6mm aluminium tubes. The tube was cut into short lengths, then split using a blade. Once split, it was wrapped around the spoke and pressed into shape. Took me close to a week doing this and the weights and coils round the spokes. The front 2 wheels did not have any weights added.

20170326_201647.jpg

Regards,

Jeremy

Edited by Jnkm13
  • Like 11

Dear Jeremy the best wheels i have seen, and these details of weights, nipples, spring wires look fantastic !! 

what metal did you use for the spokes ?

Your car will end up in a museum

Thanks for the comments.

I wish I can take full credit for the wheels, but these are aftermarket wheels from Fernando Pinto. They cost a lot, but at that time (many months back), I figured spending on the wheels would be a good idea instead of risking abandoning this project if I screw up the lacing. The wheels do come with their own nipples, but they don't seem quite right and requires a lot of filling and sanding. The nipples comes separate from the wheels. Quite a lot of cleaning up was done on the wheels, to fill the tiny holes and also remove excessive CA glue.

Regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

Wasn't in the mood for painting, so loosely test fitted the body onto the chassis. Will need to do quite a number of paint touch ups on the body. The fittings like wind screen, side lights and other fragile bits will be the last to go on.

I plan to do some light weathering on the body so that it will have a slightly lighter look than the chassis. Not sure if I should go for it, since chances of ruining it is quite high.

20170329_215605.jpg

20170329_215613.jpg

20170329_215722_1.jpg

20170329_220900.jpg

Here's my sad attempt at the tonneau cover. Will need to work on this.

20170329_220007.jpg

This is how it's supposed to look like. I am very far away from this.

3828586379_cabcd1e4dc_o.jpg

Regards,

Jeremy

Edited by Jnkm13
  • Like 7