Sorry Paul for the late post. Great completion you have of a great kit. Nothing to fault you on. You did well on correcting the fit issues on that Monogram, I remember them all from a number of years ago. My time maintaining them gave me great memories of a terrific time and good friends I made in the CF.

Solid effort, Cheers

Craig

• Like 1

Sorry Paul for the late post. Great completion you have of a great kit. Nothing to fault you on. You did well on correcting the fit issues on that Monogram, I remember them all from a number of years ago. My time maintaining them gave me great memories of a terrific time and good friends I made in the CF.

Solid effort, Cheers

Craig

Hello,Craig - Thank you so much for your very kind reply and interest.It's much appreciated and respected and I assure you that no apologies are due whatsoever,it's great to hear from you and I'm delighted 'Voodoo' rekindled cherished memories for you.I did enjoy this kit and build very much and encouraged me to start my second WIP subject,the' Convair F-102 Delta Dagger'.Keeping my "fingers-crossed" on this one!! ;) All the very best,Paul.

nice & clean work on an impressive bird.

Cheers,

Michael

Hello,Michael - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply.I'm pleased you like her.I can honestly say Voodoo has proved to be one of the most enjoyable kits I have built to date.After having the kit for so many years,I'm just delighted I committed her to production.;) All the very best,Paul.

Great job Paul, still one of the best of the old Century jet models. I also did one in CAF markings many moons ago. Certainly looks good in that scheme....

Hello,Andy - Wow!! Thank you so much.I'm delighted she's passed the General's Parade Inspection!! So many very kind replies,including yours,have come from fellow friends whose work I admire and respect so much and I feel very lucky indeed.;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

You're more than welcome Paul look forward to having another chat sometime and seeing more of your work.

I'm very flattered,Andy.I look forward to our next rendesvous very much.We're looking forward to the Driffield Show which I guess will be our next attendance then all being well,the 'Nationals'.My sincerest thanks once again."Happy Landings!" ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Nice job, very smart. I'd have like to have seen the Canadian version though!

Hello,Goggsy - Many thanks for your kind reply.I understand your thoughts.The Canadian Scheme is superb and suits the type so well.I chose an ANG scheme because she will be part of that themed collection ( I hope!:D) ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
2 minutes ago, old thumper said:

Just been flicking through your builds, all very nice models that they are. 

Now I know why you are called Mcdonnell.

Hello,Old Thumper - Wishing you 'All The Best' for The New Year. Many thanks for your kind reply. It's much appreciated and respected.

Yes,My Friend, my lifelong love of Mac's 'St.Louis Sweethearts' quickly decided my callsign on 'BM'. I plan on further 'Phantom' and 'Eagle' Variants on the flight line as soon as I can. 😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Paul,

Happy New Year to you!

I am an avid follower of your builds, and don't know how I missed this build.

Another excellent example of your building skills. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Being a Phantom man myself, we enjoy a common interest!

Looking forward to you future Phantom and Eagle builds - keep 'em coming!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 29Triplex said:

Paul,

Happy New Year to you!

I am an avid follower of your builds, and don't know how I missed this build.

Another excellent example of your building skills. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Being a Phantom man myself, we enjoy a common interest!

Looking forward to you future Phantom and Eagle builds - keep 'em coming!

Hello,29Triplex - Many thanks indeed for your very kind reply."All The Best" to your Goodself too!! 

Aah,Yes - 29 Sqn.Phantoms at Coningsby.I have delightful memories and photographs of a base-visit to get up close and personal with those beauties. It was during their change from 'Tactical Camouflage' to the 'Air Defence Greys'.

Roger that."Phantoms Phorever!!" 😉👍 As always, Paul.

• 5 months later...

Hi Paul. Hope you are well. I'm sorry to say I missed this the first time around and what a superb build I missed. That really is very impressive. Well done! :worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Paul. Hope you are well. I'm sorry to say I missed this the first time around and what a superb build I missed. That really is very impressive. Well done! :worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hello,Dear Stix - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply.Fingers-crossed,I'm keeping my nose above the horizon,as you might say!😉I I extend the same good wishes to your Goodself and Mrs.Stix.No need to be sorry for missing this build the first time around - you haven't missed much!?😁

I'm a great admirer of your modelling work.I haven't forgotten your magnificent 'Mosquito Diorama'for example,so your appraisal is most respected.

This kit had languished in the loft for many years before I finally got to grips with it.She turned out to be one of the most enjoyable builds that I've done so far.

I'm currently working on an RAF Phantom.Progress has been rather slow but she's now ready for the final painting stage and will hopefully wear the 'Alcock and Brown Transatlantic Anniversary Scheme'.

😀👍 All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Scimitar said:

A Voodoo and I missed it !  Must go to specsavers or somewhere.

Lovely model Paul.

Richard

Hello,Richard - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply.You're obviously a 'Voodoo' fan and my liking of the type certainly grew as a result of doing this build.

I wanted to retain all the features and raised detail just as Monogram intended.I only added the homemade intake covers.The decals were aftermarket ones but in the same scheme as the original kit issue.

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

10 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Crisp as ever Paul, a joy to behold. As said before the century series are classic aircraft and look great, the colourful markings always make them stand out.

Gary

Hello,Gary - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply.I totally agree with you,my friend.The Century Series are a range of superb looking types and they're all complimented with such glorious markings.

I'm working on an RAF Phantom presently but another Century type may well be the next build to accompany 'Voodoo' and 'Dagger'.

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1