Beautiful model, shows what can be done with an old model! I got the Revell 1/72 kit because of your build :)

Hello,MirageIV - Many thanks for your very kind reply.It's much appreciated and respected.I'm so pleased that you've treated yourself to a kit of this subject.I wish you good luck with your build and to you also spreading some 'Voodoo Magic' on the Forum as well! ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Nice work...

A superb job, it looks fantastic in the grey. Nice to see this Cold War Warrior.

Hello,Plasto and Parabat - Many thanks to you both for your very kind replies.Much appreciated and respected.I'm pleased you like her. ;) All the very best,Paul.

nice work, im just building the very same kit, had to get some a/m decals for mine as the box ones were well past it....

Fantastic work Paul.

I see that your pseudo McDonnell is very well deserved.

I do love your work.

Congratulations.

Paul aka Polo.

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Hello,Batcode and Polo ( or may I say Robert and Paul :)) Many thanks to you both for your very kind replies.Much appreciated and respected.;) All the very best,Paul.

Hi Paul- what a beauty! fantastic work on this old kit, really looks the part.. a "resplendent tribute to the type" as you might say... :) Best, -Dave

That is such a great job on a challenging kit. You knocked it out of the park as us Yanks like to say. Superb job. :thumbsup:

Hello,Dave and Don - Thank you very much,gentlemen,for your very kind and much appreciated replies.I'm very pleased you both like her.I found the kit to be very 'modeller friendly'.Maybe that's because it's not a 'high-tech' kit of current times.However,the level of detail,and I dare say accuracy,will be up there with the best.I look forward to reviews of the forthcoming Kittyhawk kit as a comparison.I' m more. than happy to stick with what I've got.;) All the very best,Paul.

Hello Paul, an excellent finish. I really like the cockpit detail. I also like the FOD guards. Very well done Paul, regards, Joe.

• Like 1

Great stuff! And all the more for maintaining the raised panel lines.

A cold war hero, very nicely dressed! :clap2:

Al

Very nice Paul, I watched this come together and it was an enjoyable WIP (albeit from the sidelines I'm afraid!) Great build mate.

Hello,Alan and Jusjay - Many thanks once again,gentlemen,to both of you for your very kind replies.Much appreciated and respected.I'm very pleased you like her and my experience with this build has given me the wish to tackle another Monogram subject without doubt.;) All the very best,Paul.

I have been looking forward to seeing the end result.

Lovely example of what can be acheived with an older kit, and raised panel lines are not the end of the world.

The scheme chosen really sets off the look of the Voodoo and the finish is excellent.

The McDonnell Douglas Voodoo is not an aircraft I know much about, but my interest in watching this has prompted me to read up a bit on them so thanks for that.

Excellnt work!

That is superb. Lovely work.

Hello,At Sea and TimT - Many thanks to you both,gentlemen,for your very kind replies.Much appreciated and respected.Very pleased you like her and I'm looking forward to tackling another Century Series type! ;) All the very best,Paul.

Superb job Paul,........you`ve built a lovely Voodoo there mate, fabulous!

Cheers

Tony

Well done. Now you need to seek out her other Century Series friends. I have always loved the Monogram kits of these beasts.

Hello,Tony and Robin-42 - Many thanks once again to you both,gentlemen,for your very kind replies.Much appreciated and respected.I'm very pleased you like her.I heartily recommend any modeller to give a Monogram kit a go if they haven't already done so.;) All the very best,Paul.

Turned out very nice, well done!

Really nice Voodoo there Paul, looks great

Hello,ForestFan and RussC - Many thanks to you both,gentlemen,for your very kind replies.Much appreciated and respected.This build has been one of the most enjoyable I've done so far and would encourage any modeller to try a Monogram kit. ;) All the very best,Paul.

Hi Paul,

What a lovely Voodoo you really have done a great job the Monogram kits are great if you put the effort in as you have shown ! great paint work and the cockpit and seats do look good congratulations my friend on a job well done.

:thumbsup:

Guy

• Like 1

Beautiful and grand model , too bad only for the panels in a positive , if they had been in negative would give more realism to the model ... great job

Hello,Filippo77 - Many thanks for your very kind reply.I understand and respect your point of view regarding the panel lines.Raised or recessed? A purely personal preference indeed.

With this build I wanted to keep her as close to the original details as I could.Why? Simply because I was so impressed with the level and quality of the detail in this 30-year old kit and to complete her basically as Monogram intended.You might say a form of tribute.To that end,I'm content with how she looks.

Many of our friends on this Forum would transform this kit into an absolute work of art.Rescribing,photo-etch,resin,you name it.I have upmost admiration for such skills.

At the end of the day, I just love what came out of the box.;) All the very best,Paul.

Edited by mcdonnell

Hi Paul,

my fully compliments!! That is really a beautifull Voodoo you made here! Congratulations, superb!

Oliver

Very nice! Do luv a Monogram model

That's a lovely, juicy Voodoo! The tight canopy masking and intake covers are especially wonderful. Awesome work!

Hello - Oliver,Simon382 and AngstROM - Many thanks to each of you,gentlemen,for your very kind replies.Much appreciated and respected.I'm very pleased you like her.The canopy seals were fairly straight forward to do.It was necessary to attempt to do these because they're such a prominent looking feature on the real aircraft.The intakes were easy and just added a splash of colour. ;) All the very best,Paul.

Hi Paul,

Your Voodoo is a real beuty. I like the intake covers with the star on it. You have showed to us that these older kits can be very attractive.

Jan Remco

Old school Monogram.

Great kits, great build.

A superb build Paul,great to see a quality job on a Monogram kit,I think I once built this kit in Canadian marking,s when it was new.Glad you enjoyed

the build :thumbsup:

I knew it would be and I told you so,she's a cracking looking Voodoo bird! well done that man Mr.Paul

John

Hello - Jan,Pete,Steve and John - Just to thank each and every one of you,gentlemen,for your very kind replies.Much appreciated and respected.I'm very pleased you like her.;) All the very best,Paul.

I have the same kit which has been in the loft for about 15 years, & when I build it I can guarantee it won't be as nice looking as yours Paul! Nice job!

absolutely marvelous!!! :wub::wub:

Superb job there young man ! Goes to show what can be done with an older kit. :goodjob:

Cheers

Gaz

I built the same vintage F-105 in the re-released Revell boxing, and it's the same quality and easy building as you mentioned.

Any way around, yours looks fantastic!

What an amazing built on this old kit! It Looks more than fantastic!

My respect Sir!

Andy

Hello - Jimmy,Angels49,Gaz,Alan and Andy - Just to thank each and every one of you,gentlemen,for your very kind replies.Much appreciated and respected.I'm very pleased you like her. ;) All the very best,Paul.

Lovely finish.

Lovely job, a nice clean build.

gazza l

Superbly done!

Beautiful work, really nicely done.

Hello - Mark,Gazza,Kwality8 and F-32 - Just to say thank you once again to each and every one of you,gentlemen,for your very kind replies.Much appreciated and respected.I'm very pleased you like her. ;) All the very best,Paul.

Hello Paul, an excellent finish. I really like the cockpit detail. I also like the FOD guards. Very well done Paul, regards, Joe.

Gorgeous, :wub: those old Monogram kits are still well worth the effort!

Cheers

John

Wonderful job Paul, very crisp, sharp and superbly painted, I too like the century series fighters, a golden age of American aviation.

Best regards

Gary

Hi Paul,

What a lovely Voodoo you really have done a great job the Monogram kits are great if you put the effort in as you have shown ! great paint work and the cockpit and seats do look good congratulations my friend on a job well done.

:thumbsup:

Guy

Really enjoyed your build thread Paul and the finished article has come out a treat. We don't see many completed either, a great rarity :)

Hello - Joe,John,Gary,Guy and Woody37 - Just to say thank you once again to each and every one of you,gentlemen,for your very kind replies. Much appreciated and respected. I'm very pleased you like her. ;) All the very best,Paul.

"Happy Fettling,Everyone!!" :D

Edited by mcdonnell
  • Like 1