HMAS Canberra Orange Hobby 1/700

G'day all, This is my take on the OH kit of the Royal Australian navies LHD HMAS Canberra with a few extras

I hope you like her

1_zpshoacmsbj.jpg

9_zpss79t2wxy.jpg

2_zpsdhbosnvl.jpg

7_zpsfm7x7zvs.jpg

6_zpsp05uxkob.jpg

3_zpsub5phqwx.jpg

8_zpsdhzs8vco.jpg

4_zpsbclpmovd.jpg

5_zpsfv92p7jg.jpg

A nice kit apart from a couple of missing decals and guving the wrong style landing craft

Thanks for looking

Cheers Callum

• Like 50

Thanks for the comments fellas, glad you like her. This the second Canberra I have finished in the last 8 months. I converted the Juan Carlos to Canberra last year and ended up selling it to one of the crew, so instead of converting another I sent a few pics to Orange Hobby plus the plans and images and got a bit of thing going on Facebook and they punched a Canberra kit out in 3 months!!!!!!!!!!! can't believe my evil plan worked. I was going to build this one as a what if with f-35s on her flight deck but then someone Facebook asked about buying this one so I did it with choppers instead. So I'm going to have to do another one for myself. It will be HMAS Adelaide next time though. for now I can just focus on getting my dio finished for the Dodo Armidales

1_zpsdlqip4dz.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks for the comments fellas, glad you like her. This the second Canberra I have finished in the last 8 months. I converted the Juan Carlos to Canberra last year and ended up selling it to one of the crew, so instead of converting another I sent a few pics to Orange Hobby plus the plans and images and got a bit of thing going on Facebook and they punched a Canberra kit out in 3 months!!!!!!!!!!! can't believe my evil plan worked.

Hi Callum,

So it's you I have to thank for being able to purchase a ready to build Canberra rather than modifying a Juan Carlos!

Are you bringing any of the dio's to the Melbourne Expo? I remember ushering you to the comp table with the 30's Cruiser dio and they are all works of art.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

Thanks guys, @Calum I'm glad she is done took alot longer to finish than it really should have but thats how it goes I guess. Would love to see you have a crack at one of these, you have the skills to do it.

@Neil, I reckon I got the calm water scenario down pat, haven't tried rough water yet but don't really need to with the scenes I'm portraying.

@Michael, I do remember someone looking after me when I got to the expo, Thanks for that I had no idea what I was doing :)

I will hopefully have both these, as long as I get the Darwin scene finished, at Expo.

In regards to getting the kit there was heaps of interest in getting a kit from folks on Facebook so i figured Orange Hobby had most of the work done already with Juan Carlos so then it was just a matter of getting all the interested parties to show their interest on Orange Hobbies Facebook page and email the info they need. I was suprised they released the Collins class subs as well. They are lovely little kits. A couple of minor issues with the Canberra kit, she is missing her small stern hull numbers and there is no Amphibious badge below the aft mast on the island, plus they give you the wrong style landing craft as well even though they have the correct ones in their range already.

For the decals I am talking to Custom Hobby Decals who are very keen to release RAN decal sets and I have been trying to fill them in on whats needed and they will be doing the missing details for Canberra and give you the option of doing Adelaide as well, plus it will include the ships name plaques and crest. These are all very small details though that really won't be missed She's a lovely kit to build out of the box hopefully see at Expo in a few weeks

Thanks for the comments fellas, glad you like her. This the second Canberra I have finished in the last 8 months. I converted the Juan Carlos to Canberra last year and ended up selling it to one of the crew, so instead of converting another I sent a few pics to Orange Hobby plus the plans and images and got a bit of thing going on Facebook and they punched a Canberra kit out in 3 months!!!!!!!!!!! can't believe my evil plan worked. I was going to build this one as a what if with f-35s on her flight deck but then someone Facebook asked about buying this one so I did it with choppers instead. So I'm going to have to do another one for myself. It will be HMAS Adelaide next time though. for now I can just focus on getting my dio finished for the Dodo Armidales

1_zpsdlqip4dz.jpg

Which one's HMAS Hamersley?

• Like 1