Fujimi Nissan GTR

This is my latest build completed, Fujimis awesome nissan gtr.

Painted with zero paints metallic black over halfords primer with zero paints premixed clear to finish it off, small areas like the mirrors and splitters painted with tamiya pot paint thinned to airbrush.

the interior is a mix of red and blacks all airbrushed tamiya pots

i modified the rear wing also as i felt the standard one was too low but i didnt want to change it much so it kept the stock look just higher

i would recommend this kit to anyone who wants a proper representation of this car. in terms of the body its on par with tamiya, the engine is miles ahead of anything that anyone else has done so far, the wheels came pre painted in a horrible colour but that was easily changed.

the pictures of the car, hope you will enjoy them

20160512_123442-1_zpsigsvqkr6.jpg

20160512_123433-1_zpslqwbjkc8.jpg

20160512_123458-1_zpss5f5yc1n.jpg

20160512_123213_zpsszfoh03a.jpg

20160512_123227_zpsqazthp87.jpg

20160512_123129-1_zpsuuaub4a0.jpg

20160512_123133_zpsdwbpp5vh.jpg

20160512_123437-1_zpsk1iba7df.jpg

20160512_123650_zps9qa3hjef.jpg

thanks for looking

shaun

• Like 4

That's a Gorgeous looking Skyline mate...

The skyline name changed to the V35 saloon and coupes. The R35, the successer to the BNR34 Skyline GT-R. Now only known as the GT-R.

Anyway cracking looking model there mate. I'll defo be getting one of these in the future.

Ashley

• Like 1

Thanks for the info MR,stunning car but a waste of a legendary name,any idea why they changed it....

The Skyline name was first and foremost a luxury sports saloon or coupe. The GT tag on the original C10 2000GT simply meant Grand Touring. The R came when they needed a road version to meet homologation regulations. So GT-R stood for Grand Touring - Racing. A special version of the Skyline.

With the advent of the R32 the GT-R badge was revived and the successive R33 and R34 models made the Skyline name one with the GT-R. Nissan wanted to restore the Skyline name to its roots. This benefitted Nismo as aside from the floor pans and some other chassis moldings, they would have free rein over the design. So instead of having to carve a supercar out of a sports coupe. They could design a supercar from the start.

The GT-R is still on its R35 chassis whereas the Skyline is now onto the V37.

Ashley

• Like 1

The Skyline name was first and foremost a luxury sports saloon or coupe. The GT tag on the original C10 2000GT simply meant Grand Touring. The R came when they needed a road version to meet homologation regulations. So GT-R stood for Grand Touring - Racing. A special version of the Skyline.

With the advent of the R32 the GT-R badge was revived and the successive R33 and R34 models made the Skyline name one with the GT-R. Nissan wanted to restore the Skyline name to its roots. This benefitted Nismo as aside from the floor pans and some other chassis moldings, they would have free rein over the design. So instead of having to carve a supercar out of a sports coupe. They could design a supercar from the start.

The GT-R is still on its R35 chassis whereas the Skyline is now onto the V37.

Ashley

Cheers MR up until now the only R32 i'd heard of was the Golf (or are you talking about the Golf?) and Nissan brought back the GT-R badge,interesting stuff...

Edited by Vince1159

I keep seeing these on the road and I keep saying "When we getting one" or "That's my next car".............One day... Anyway, great model. :)

Edited by Radleigh

Cheers MR up until now the only R32 i'd heard of was the Golf (or are you talking about the Golf?) and Nissan brought back the GT-R badge,interesting stuff...

Nope not the Golf. The R32 Skyline came first in 1989. The GT-R badge was first used on the C10 model in 1969. The specific chassis code for the first GT-R is KPGC10.

The second GT-R was the KPGC110 of 1973. A version of the C110 model. The GT-R badge was then discontinued until 1989 when the R32 Skyline was launched. The specific code for the GT-R being BNR32. Then the BCNR33 of 1995 was the GT-R version of the R33 generation, followed by the BNR34 of the R34 gen in 1999. After that the GT-R and Skyline models were separated as previously noted.

Ashley

• Like 1

Nope not the Golf. The R32 Skyline came first in 1989. The GT-R badge was first used on the C10 model in 1969. The specific chassis code for the first GT-R is KPGC10.

The second GT-R was the KPGC110 of 1973. A version of the C110 model. The GT-R badge was then discontinued until 1989 when the R32 Skyline was launched. The specific code for the GT-R being BNR32. Then the BCNR33 of 1995 was the GT-R version of the R33 generation, followed by the BNR34 of the R34 gen in 1999. After that the GT-R and Skyline models were separated as previously noted.

Ashley

Thanks MR...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mike

I forgot to add these when I uploaded the thread.

New gtr next to the old one, if I was given the choice in real life of which one to own I couldn't ( I would rather blow my brains out) I want both so bad. I wonder how much a semi used liver is worth on the black market these days lol

20160527_175917_zps1uxq7kdi.jpg

20160527_175941_zps9m9ambwg.jpg

And one with the lights on

20160527_175926_zpsyiirulyv.jpg

Thanks for looking

Shaun