1/32 hawk wingtip tanks

dazdot

Whilst in the lakes on holiday we had a couple of flyby's by hawk t1's in black with what looked like wingtip tanks? Anyone shed any light on this and are they available by anyone for the 1/32 revell kit?

The T1 and T2 are basically two different aircraft, think F/A-18 Hornet and Super Hornet, so a conversion is not really viable/possible. I'm no expert on the subject and there's plenty folk on here that will be able to tell you exactly but the 100 has a larger composite main wing, digital modern cockpit and more than likely the fuselage is larger too.

From memory Airfix do a 1/72 and 1/48 Hawk 100, Hobby Boss are releasing it in 1/48 and Kinetic do a 1/32 kit.

Muzz

Everything about the Hawk T1 and T2 is different. The T2 is a Mk.128 and is very similar to the Mk.127 (Australian Hawk). So if you wanted to build a kit version then a Mk.127 would be the best starting point.

Cheers,

Tom.

Ok ill have a look at a few options unfortunately the wife wants this after the holiday and a tornado!!! Just don't laugh but my attempts at fast jets done usually end well as someone who has binned a 1/48 f18g

• 3 years later...
On 12/27/2019 at 7:51 PM, Pricer592 said:

The Kinetic 1/32 is not an actual T2 , they cockpit consoles are totally different on the T2 

I'm not sure that statement is correct at all. The Kinetic kit will guve a reasonable stab at a Mk.127 (Aussie Hawk) and there isn't much difference at all between the Mk.127 and the Mk.128 (RAF T2) physical cockpits at all.

Cheers,

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

personal experience is that the physical cockpits are totally different , considering i work on them i find there to be quite a difference , consoles supplied with the kinetic kit have 2 multi function displays where as the 128(RAF) has 3 , and externally they dont supply the smart probes on the nose. 

On 1/15/2020 at 3:57 PM, Pricer592 said:

personal experience is that the physical cockpits are totally different , considering i work on them i find there to be quite a difference , consoles supplied with the kinetic kit have 2 multi function displays where as the 128(RAF) has 3 , and externally they dont supply the smart probes on the nose. 

I've just checked my kit and I agree that the kit won't represent a Mk.127 or Mk.128, so I was incorrect.

I do stand by my comment, however that the real Mk.127 and Mk.128 cockpits are virtually identical. This is based on real world experience as I worked on both during my time a BAe Brough.

Cheers,

Tom