Studio Scale UFO SHADO Mobile from Kits for Cash [COMPLETED finally!!!]

...and finally the tracks went on and they all lived happily ever after, except the Aliens of course as their planet was dying so they were harvesting humans to provide transplants... and the humans they were harvesting and anyone who got in their way and... oh bother, just forget I said anything okay, here are some photos!!!

DSC_4133.JPG

I had previously glued up four sets of three track links but in order to reach all the way around the road wheels, I had to add one complete set of track links and a single track link to each side. All but the final joint was glued using the flexible elastic glue, but the final joint had to be superglued as the flexible stuff cakes hours to dry and that wasn't possible with the final joint.

As you can see above, I've put a 12" rule in the pic to give you an idea of the size of this beast!!! Its pretty heavy too!

DSC_4134.JPG

DSC_4137.JPG

DSC_4138.JPG

DSC_4139.JPG

In this pic you can just about see the extra greeblies I attached under the 'chin'

DSC_4145.JPG

On this side I've left the roadwheels as they were on the studio model, with the centres of the road wheels uncovered and the bolts holding the wheels on theoretically visible

DSC_4146.JPG

On this side however, I've used the covers that were supplied in the kit to cover the centres. I've used a couple of splots of Micro Liquitape on the edges of the caps so that they are sticky but not STUCK in the wheels, they are removable if I wish to display it as the studio model.

DSC_4147.JPG

DSC_4148.JPG

DSC_4150.JPG

DSC_4151.JPG

DSC_4152.JPG

I'm rather pleased with how well the grille came out :) Here is the trio of Kits for Cash/Simian Stuff kits I've built over the last 3 years. Sadly now that Ian has decided to retire, I doubt if this range will expand any further

DSC_4155.JPG

...and here it is next to a Product Enterprises 'toy' from a few years back. These were slightly larger than the Dinky toy and nice models apart from the awful brown gunge 'weathering' that had been applied

DSC_4156.JPG

Finally, this is its new home on the shelf in the collection, I'm very pleased with the result as you can imagine :)

DSC_4159.JPG

All in all, it was 6 weeks and 5 years of work to build it and I'm really glad to have completed it finally, my guilt at such an expensive kit sitting on the shelf unbuilt has been assuaged. Now I just have to wait until they develop a vaccine for COVID-19 before I can display it at a model show!

• Like 9