Convair B-58 Hustler (1/48 Monogram)

Master Modeler.

As mentioned many times before, Monogram is the way to go. Even in 2016.

Also compliments on your photographic skills. I enjoyed every bit of it.

Greetz,

Orion

• Like 1

A masterpiece ! Congratulations, she's gorgeous!

I had made the training version TB 58 Boomerang from Italeri when I was teen.... far far away from this amazing result :gobsmacked:

• Like 1

Fantastic work, Igor. Particularly in documenting your build. I think by default you've become the authority on building this model.

I was dubious at first about the metal shades you used for the hot sections on the engine nacelles, but i was just plain wrong about that. They look great.

Like i said before, nobody had made much of an effort -before you came along- to depict the exhaust patterns coming from the inboard nacelles.

If the cockpits were open, i'd say this model really needs the yellow boarding ladder to go with it. But with closed cockpits, not so much.

This is one of those strange cases where there's a lot more of interest on the underside of the model, than the top. If i may, i'd like to suggest you take more low-angle shots to emphasise the head on aspect, as well as the mosquito-like undercarriage. Also, try taking some low-angle shots outside in daylight. Rod Bettencourt had great results doing this.

If and when i build my Monogram B-58, this will be the first place i look to for guidance.

Well Done!

david

• Like 1

I almost sad that the build is over - I really looked forward to each new installment as you expertly tamed the old Monogram kit. And what a result! Easily the best B-58 model I've seen in any scale. Igor, your craftsmanship is outstanding! Excellent work resulting in a very clean model. What's next? :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1