Convair B-58 Hustler (1/48 Monogram)

That is really terrific. What a build. :clap2:

It seems very mean-spirited to say so, :blush: but not all of the wheels are quite touching the ground. If you were to enter it into higher level competition (and it's definitely top drawer), that's the kind of little thing that could cost a place. If you're not into that sort of thing, please ignore me.

You have two amazing models of two iconic jets, both of which i believe are the best representations of them I've seen anywhere. Inspirational work!

Al

The wheels are perfect, the ground is wrong.
  • Like 6

That is really terrific. What a build. :clap2:

It seems very mean-spirited to say so, :blush: but not all of the wheels are quite touching the ground. If you were to enter it into higher level competition (and it's definitely top drawer), that's the kind of little thing that could cost a place. If you're not into that sort of thing, please ignore me.

You have two amazing models of two iconic jets, both of which i believe are the best representations of them I've seen anywhere. Inspirational work!

Al

I can not ignore you, sir ! ))) I know about this problem and I am glad that you were so observant! The model is not perfect, there are still many problems which I modestly silent ... For me it was more important to convey the beauty and spirit of this aircraft! I hope this I did.

What colour did you use for that white or light grey panels on the upper wings?

Light Gull Grey of Model Master enamel

• Like 1

I thought the Hustler was amazing, then I saw the TSR-2! Incredible skills at play here and a superb pair of iconic Cold War jets. Congratulations! You should feel really proud of those two.

• Like 1

Did you clear coat after painting or decals?

No, didn't.

Only Futurа top decals, apply with a brush

The wheels are perfect, the ground is wrong.

Exactly !!! )))

Edited by Seversky
  • Like 1

Hello,Seversky - In my opinion,I cannot envisage a model looking any more 'real' than you have achieved with these two iconic types.Scale modelling at its finest. ;) All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Beautiful Igor, you've certainly captured the menacing look of the aircraft. (I saw one in the flesh on a stop over at Mildenhall back in the sixties and remember being amazed at just how futuristic it looked and how incredibly noisey it was). The TSR 2 also emphasises just how small it was for a strategic bomber.

Great work on both models...

• Like 1