Cold war USAF C-130 decals?

Killingholme

Hi all,

Apologies for this being a (deliberately) open ended question:

Does anyone know of any currently available decals (1/72) for an early C-130 in USAF service? I'm thinking something classic- either using a bog standard Italeri C-130E kit, or even backdating the same to an 'A' or 'B'. There really doesn't seem to be much out there- all the USAF schemes available seem to be grey machines from the 80s or 90s, and the earlier 60's schemes are usually Commonwealth...

Failing that- does anyone know of a good scheme which would be easy enough to make up from spare decals/ generic sheets?

Will

I have the decals from the 1981 boxing of the Airfix Albert which represent a C-130E in the 4 colour MAC scheme.

You can have them if you would like, although they will need to sit on a window sill in the sunshine for a while to bleach out the yellowness in the carrier film.

Superscale had six various C-130 sheets in their range:- USCG; MAC,RESCUE,WEATHER; US NAVY/MARINES; VIETNAM GUNSHIP; CANADA/ISRAEL; KIWI'S/OZ.

I have the first, second and fifth sheets still in my disposals box if of interest. hth cheers Chris