For my second build I'll be working on the classic Monogram (Recent blech Revell boxing) AH-1F cobra.

The kit dates to the mid-1980s, and is quite nice. It features finely raised lines, which actually give it a more rugged and tank-like appearance. Something I like in helicopter models. There are not too many parts.

IMG_20160509_220618690_HDR_zps1ougrkxb.j

but detail is generally nice, as can be seen on the main cockpit pieces shown here.

IMG_20160509_220837647_HDR_zpsu720753j.j

Thought the details are nice, Revell could not be fussed to clean up the moulds for the rerelease (a sticker inside the fuselage says kit was produced in Bydgoszcz, Poland). You'd think they would put in the funds to get things looking tidy again, but I guess not. There is a great deal of flash, especially on the finer parts like the skids and gun barrels. The cleanup will likely be a major component of the build.

I'll be building an aircraft from B-company of the 2/503 battalion, stationed in Hanau around 1985/86.

Markings are pretty generic, but these aircraft featured two blue bands at the base of the tail to distinguish them.

There are a few photos on Pintrest, but I cant get the damned things to link.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...