HMS Upton 1/350 Resin+P.E.

Hi All

With interested being shown in Paul E Ton Kit,Instead of Hijacking his build, I will show what I have done so far.

I will skid the pics of the model,because the same as Paul E, Straight on to the build.

It has as a lot a wooden deck ,I was happy until :weep: my ex naval buddies ,said it was too dark,already too far to change,so all a could do was weather it by dry brushing white to tone it down.

Added detail on bridge and funnel,even added hinges on the lockers, very sad. :banghead:

20160408_114353_zpsriovn6en.jpg

20160420_085351_zpsdsyxyyfu.jpg

20160429_103826_zpsehxpa2tt.jpg

20160429_103828_zpsi9v2fcqj.jpg

20160429_103831_zpspnt25x3y.jpg

20160506_102706_zpsmnbrowtm.jpg

• Like 10

Great now two builds I can get help from :popcorn::popcorn:

is this the same one I saw on your table at the Scot Nats the other week Chris next to your illustrious top left corner of this photo

IMG_2819_zpstlioovs0.jpg

Beefy

• Like 3

Nice choice of class to build Chewitt, and coming long nicely.

I can see the dry brushing effect has toned the deck planks down and they look quite pale to me, like the real thing, I think it should turn out looking fine.

• Like 1

Coming along nicely and I can see you are a lot more advanced than I am. I see you have picked up on the doors and the bridge windows, I have been thinking about those too. Keep up the good work, I am looking forward to seeing how she comes out. :goodjob:

• Like 1

Looks good, minor comment though, the "grating deck" on which the ships' boats sit on the starboard side should be further forward so it meets the foredeck. But she does look very neat and I do like how you have done the deck.

:goodjob:

Another photo,with the "grating deck" in the correct place. Thanks Paul for highlighting that ,would been a small disaster, if the railings had been fitted .I have had to sanded the Sweep Oropesa down a lot to fit their cradles.still busy with that.Main mast and rigging fitted and railings done around the bridge.The colours look too bright,however its duller it real life.

20160520_152312%201_zpsuxsteg4r.jpg

• Like 6

She is looking very nice indeed.

Thanks for the tip about the Oropesa floats, it is good to be fore warned about such things.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

They were all nicely painted when l realised they did not fit,to get the fin through the cradle to seat on the outside, had to cut the cradle one side, bend apart to fit,then straighten back,unless l have missed something.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All
With interested being shown in Paul E Ton Kit,Instead of Hijacking his build, I will show what I have done so far.
I will skid the pics of the model,because the same as Paul E, Straight on to the build.
It has as a lot a wooden deck ,I was happy until :weep: my ex naval buddies ,said it was too dark,already too far to change,so all a could do was weather it by dry brushing white to tone it down.
Added detail on bridge and funnel,even added hinges on the lockers, very sad. :banghead:
20160408_114353_zpsriovn6en.jpg
20160420_085351_zpsdsyxyyfu.jpg
20160429_103826_zpsehxpa2tt.jpg
20160429_103828_zpsi9v2fcqj.jpg
20160429_103831_zpspnt25x3y.jpg
20160506_102706_zpsmnbrowtm.jpg

The difference between unpainted resin and painted is just Amazing - what a difference.

WM.

• Like 3

Nice show of your ships too. Care of Beefy.

Surprising how much work to get the appearance right even for a small ship as this.

Lovely work so far Chewee mate.

foxy :coolio:

• Like 2