Revell/Monogram B-25 Mitchell.

Hello,Steve -You're on a roll with this build.She's looking really good.Again I notice the clarity of the Monogram transparencies.I hope that this build will give you the enthusiasm I got from my Voodoo build to tackle another Monogram subject.Fine work.;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Hello,Steve -You're on a roll with this build.She's looking really good.Again I notice the clarity of the Monogram transparencies.I hope that this build will give you the enthusiasm I got from my Voodoo build to tackle another Monogram subject.Fine work. ;) All the very best,Paul.

Many thank's Paul we have our one and only show up here in a few weeks and I tend to look for older kits,i wouldn't mind a Marauder or one

of their Phantoms.

• Like 1

Many thank's Paul we have our one and only show up here in a few weeks and I tend to look for older kits,i wouldn't mind a Marauder or one

of their Phantoms.

You're more than welcome,Steve.You're doing a grand job on the B-25 and a Marauder would compliment her nicely too,A Phantom? Ooh!! . . . Need I say more?! ;) Good hunting and enjoy the show!! :) All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

You're more than welcome,Steve.You're doing a grand job on the B-25 and a Marauder would compliment her nicely too,A Phantom? Ooh!! . . . Need I say more?! ;) Good hunting and enjoy the show!! :) All the very best,Paul.

I love the Phantom Paul I've got a 48 scale Esci black bunny to build and I'm busy with Italeri's Luftwaffe E/F in the Warsaw pact/ NATO GB!

• Like 1

I love the Phantom Paul I've got a 48 scale Esci black bunny to build and I'm busy with Italeri's Luftwaffe E/F in the Warsaw pact/ NATO GB!

You're a gentleman with very discerning good taste,Steve! ;)

image_zpspj0lf82i.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking really good now Steve, and you managed to get her to stand on all three's too! :) I'm going to have to join the Monogram club!

John

Thank you John,she,s got a huge cut up fishing weight stuffed inside and still tail sits! I cant get any more in :banghead:

• Like 1

Hi Unc

I now there is alot of whinig about the AM kits cowling, and the ineveitable resin, though Scott Van Aken just sanded them ..

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234970880-b-25-cowlings-3-types/

I've not seen a load of wailing, a quick look at hyperscale gets this

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1463628349

Paul Budzik has a build where he talks about the cowlings

http://paulbudzik.com/models/b25.pdf

backdating a J to a D, but misses that the D has shallower rear fuselage.

Apparently the AM B-25B/C/D has problem with the nose as well

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1452088195/1/B-25+question

but no photos to show problem...

HTH

T

:blink: Well, it sure does help a lot...

How're ya doin,' Troy, my good mate? :yahoo: Always comin' to the rescue with such an invaluable info. :worthy: Thanks a helluva lot, chap.

Y'know I'd seen Mr Budzik's B-25D on YouTube, on one of his multiple modellin' advices (dunno whether it was 'bout usin' dental acrylic repair stuff as a filler or restorin' panel lines on models), 'n' thought the engine cowls look a lot much better than those on the kit.

Thank the Heavens above I've cancelled the purchase of the DMold replacement cowls for my Monogram kit 'cause I was told they wouldn't fit at all. Readin' at Mr Budzik's article I just found out why.

So, yeh, I'll get to try 'n' widen the cowls' openin' as shown in the article (or see whether I could vac-form some new ones as Mr B did on his), methinks. Better than to waste quid on the resin replacement.

Incidentally; those "Plane Talkin'" threads on HS... :hypnotised:

Morning folk,s just a little update on the last weeks progress,I gave her a Faded Olive coat and I'm ready to start the under surface gray,I always like

to get a decal on just to see how they behave and despite being poor they seem to be behaving so far.

DSCN1349_zpsvz8gyrdo.jpg

DSCN1350_zps0emb9mwy.jpg

• Like 5

Hello,Steve - Her paint job looks splendid and her markings will add a great splash of colour.It's at this stage before decalling where I love to have a full 'high-gloss' shine,through several coats of 'Klear' on the airframe.May I ask how you deal with this stage and what you use? All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Hello,Steve - Her paint job looks splendid and her markings will add a great splash of colour.It's at this stage before decalling where I love to have a full 'high-gloss' shine,through several coats of 'Klear' on the airframe.May I ask how you deal with this stage and what you use? All the very best,Paul.

Thank's Paul I use Humbrol gloss cote brushed after thinning or sprayed on larger kits.

• Like 1

Excellent progress Steve! She looks great in her coat of paint and the decal seems to have gone on well too. :thumbsup:

Hope you have a great weekend!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Thank's Paul I use Humbrol gloss cote brushed after thinning or sprayed on larger kits.

Hello,Steve - Thank you for the feedback.That product and method certainly works a treat! She looks superb. ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Morning folks,after a rest from this project I thought it time to move on a little so after masking I brush painted the yellow front cowl's using Humbrol

enamels which took a good four coats to achieve the desired finish.also road tested the new table only a tenner from Morrison's and look how much

stuff I can get on it no more aircraft hanging over the edge like a carrier deck and I can get a cuppa on their too!

DSCN1358_zpscjlqnkss.jpg

Oh,heres the Mitchell.

DSCN1360_zps8grxpl8g.jpg

• Like 9

Hello,Steve - I love the fine Fettling Table!! :) You've done a beautiful paint job on this build.The green looks superb and the yellow on the cowling rings looks really solid and adds a touch of colour to the scheme.Great work! ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Hi Steve! Good to see the new table.............and about time too! I hope it's more stable than the previous one! Excellent progress on the Mitchell - you've done a great job with the yellow! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Thank you John,she,s got a huge cut up fishing weight stuffed inside and still tail sits! I cant get any more in :banghead:

ah yes I can see the prop under the back end Steve, it's a big problem, where is all the depleted Uranium when you need it? :) She's looking really good at this stage I can't wait to see it on RFI. Keep up the good work.

John

• Like 1

ah yes I can see the prop under the back end Steve, it's a big problem, where is all the depleted Uranium when you need it? :) She's looking really good at this stage I can't wait to see it on RFI. Keep up the good work.

John

I stuffed lead behind the engines, under seats and anywhere out of view, and just got a nose sit. It is a challenge
  • Like 1

Hi all,got the box down and glossed the upper surfaces to get a few decals on,first couple of coats on the lower surfaces done also.

DSCN1372_zps2jxt8awy.jpg

DSCN1369_zpskfk66j46.jpg

• Like 5