Starfighter and Viper, 1/72.

Hi David,

Congratulations for two superb models. The Starfighter is especially impressive!

The first picture of the F-16 and the last of the Starfighter could be mistaken for pictures of real aircraft :goodjob:

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Chuffed you like them guys thank you!

Rob- Thank you and this particular jet only had maybe 60% of the stencils, earlier machines (like my 1/32 one in works) had a good deal more, it really will test the patience to add all those :winkgrin:

Jean- Its a great little kit with all the options you can build. In the S/G kit you can accurately build early and late German Gs and also an accurate S with all the particular pylons associated with the special type, unlike the Hasegawa 1/32 and 1/48 kits.

Thanks all!

DAvid

• Like 1

Very impressive. Lots of details in there and little touches to keep the eye busy - helmet on top of the 104 canopy etc. However, gonna buck the trend and opt for the F-16. Why? Personal bias as the F-16 is one of my favourite fighters, almost as good looking as a Hawker Hunter. Also the tinted canopy (is that from the kit or home tinted?) gives a menacing almost sci-fi look.

• Like 1

Thank you guys!

Tomoshenko- The canopy is from the Revell kit and tinted with various Tamiya clears. I tried to replicate something like this one: http://www.f-16.net/g3/var/resizes/f-16-photos/album37/album20/abk.jpg?m=1371917725. I think it was a mix of orange, yellow, smoke and finally some red to give it a 'darker gold tint'-or something like that :D

• Like 1

Wow

L1050875_zpszjthghql.jpg

I don't see how this is a model and not a real one in a copy from a very sexy GD advertisement :shrug: . I expected to see the General Dynamics logo under it and a slogan about the nature of the falcon or something but maybe that was edited out :P. No but really, this Viper just is an overdose of awesomeness. So very well done. I usually much prefer 104s over F-16s but this time I'm at least as impressed by the F-16 :thumbsup: .

The F-104 seems to me like a benchmark of excellence. I'm going to study the WiP for all it's worth.

Is it clear I really like these two builds by the way? :yahoo:

Jay

Edit: PS: what did you use for the base? Looks like real concrete.

Edited by Mountain goat
  • Like 1

Both gorgeous builds, but that 104 really is so beautifully painted, and just weathered to perfection as well, really stunning work.

Eng

Took the words right out of my mouth...........Stunning painting and weathering! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I've been wanting to build that exact loadout and scheme on a Starfighter myself. My lack of Koramon (sp?) missiles is what is holding me back. I just can't see paying more for two missiles than I did for an whole kit. I'm very cheap.

• Like 1

Thank you fellas!

Jay- :D too kind! I guess i was somewhat going for that GD image for the build too. The base is the roof of my garage. I looked at it from my window and thought it was ok for a pic, at least the weathering of it was real!

Thud4444- I originally planned on using some old ones from the Airfix/Nato weapons set, then got lazy and realised I could build a Marineflieger Tornado (always wanted to) with the Kormoran 2 version not carried by the 104 from the spare missiles, so I went for it. Don't get me wrong though I think its not the best practise by Eduard selling them like that. I think however they might be releasing a pair of Kormoran 1 in 1/48, not sure which scale you are after but if 1/72 you are welcome to my spare Airfix Kormorans.

thanks guys,

David.

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 1

I build 1/72. What Tornado kit contains the missiles? I don't have any Tonkas in the pile, so two birds one stone. Thanks for the offer but If I can source them from another kit I can finally build that Whiff West German F-107 I've been kicking around to match the Starfighter.

Btw I forgot to comment earlier, but those are two impressive builds!

Edited by Thud4444
  • Like 1

Just been back to drool over this again, can't really put into words how good this F-104 is, a true masterclass in all aspects of modelling and.....its in 1/72, incredible and inspiring work.

Eng

• Like 1