AFV F-5E Tiger II - Old Agressor

Further to my recently finished T-33 just added the finishing touches to this one too - AFV's Tiger II

One scheme that epitomises the Cold war for me above many others was this known as "old Lizard" and one of several different schemes operated by the 527th TFTAS based at RAF Alconbury. Representing the late 1970s............

100_3387.jpg

100_3388.jpg

100_3386.jpg

Into the ever expanding Cold War cabinet she goes.....................

• Like 32

very nice!

flawless:) maybe the Sidewinder seeker head , although seem to be inert training missiles could be improved with some seeker representation (e.g. a silver tip)

so many different schemes and camos then....!

• Like 1

Hello,Gary - That is a beautifully built and finished 'F-5'.A resplendent tribute to the type,and as our friend Phildagreek says,to memories of times past.I love it.;) All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Love it, the paint scheme options for these aircraft are just endless. Beautifully finished, a very neat build.

Eng

• Like 1

flawless:) maybe the Sidewinder seeker head , although seem to be inert training missiles could be improved with some seeker representation (e.g. a silver tip)

Yep I make you right, completely over looked and easily sorted................... :banghead:

Lovely work Gary.

A fantastic kit of one of my favourite aircraft and finished in one of my favourite schemes. I also have very fond memories of seeing these great aircraft in the wonderful colour schemes of the 527th and will be building one soon.

Well done.

Craig.

• Like 1

A fantastic kit of one of my favourite aircraft and finished in one of my favourite schemes. I also have very fond memories of seeing these great aircraft in the wonderful colour schemes of the 527th and will be building one soon.

and just think, a few miles up the A1 we had Harriers out of Wittering, a little further North again and we have Cottesmore, a few miles down the A14 we had Jetstreams out of Oakington, and even closer we had the Canberra force at Wyton and visitors from Europe on a daily basis - one of many aircraft types and schemes that made military aviation such an interesting hobby in those days.

• Like 1