Dassault Ouragan 1/48th JGMT resin

Hi all - as some light relaxation while I build 2 more Meatboxes, I had a sudden attack of Suezcitis ( it's that 50s jet mood again, and it is the anniversary this year too), so dusted off this little gem from JGMT.

It was kindly supplied a year for two ago by my good friend Rowan Broadbent, along with the excellent Isradecals sheet. I had rather annoyed him by threatening to build it "en robe Francaise", but in the end the promise of a whacking great big shark mouth and narrow suez stripes with red lightning flashes on the tips tanks, all over a natural metal surface won out, so it will now be "a la mode Israelienne".

9C96DBC7-CBD3-4264-A639-DBFB881A1DD2_zps

Weighing in at just less than the mass of a collapsing star, it's not a lightweight model, but fortunately the rather sturdy white metal landing gear seems up to the job.

At the moment I'm just cleaning up a few areas, etc etc, but I've made a start on the cockpit - adding a new coaming as the model lacks one.

Stay tuned for more heavy-weight Kadesh-based 'Urricanicity

Jonners

E98E1FD0-4CFD-4EC7-B31C-07B6268B5BAF_zps

Nose intake splitter needs a quite bit of work to add detail and refine.....in prog here.

2909DF42-F14F-4062-939B-4C009E8A91E9_zps

6778174E-B6C8-40D3-B258-5875B52E8C9E_zps

• Like 8

O' lala. :analintruder:

I'll be watching this very carefully.

An Ouragan in 1/48 is relly high on my wishlist.

It's one of the few types that's missing in my IDF/AF collection.

/Bosse

nice start, looks like a decent kit!

quite big, no?

actually I am trying to get hold of one of these for some time now.... but no chance :(

HI - yes it is surprisingly big! And its pretty good actually - the surface finish of the resin is very smooth, though I suspect the canopy is a tad oversized.

If it was not for my friend Rowan then I would have not got this one.

cheers

Jonners

Afternoon !!! so I've done a bit of detailing in the cockpit. I shall call it a homage, or perhaps "Impression: cockpit"

Airscale's lovely instrument bezels allow for a new panel to be made, coaming and some bits an bobs to adorn the slightly basic resin cockpit.

cheers

Jonners

P1060993_zpswgryvqe7.jpg

P1060997_zpsjgmjyoqo.jpg

P1060998_zpsjal5hkox.jpg

• Like 4

• 9 months later...
On 6/5/2016 at 9:57 PM, exdraken said:

buen comienzo, se ve como un kit decente!

bastante grande, ¿no?

En realidad, yo estoy tratando de hacerse con uno de estos desde hace algún tiempo .... pero ninguna posibilidad :(

Yo te puedo.conseguir una copia yo he logrado clonarlo apartir del jmgt

4 hours ago, alexandermr82 said:

Yo te puedo.conseguir una copia yo he logrado clonarlo apartir del jmgt

"I can get you a copy and I have managed to clone it from jmgt"  

it's an English language forum btw

if you have the cash,  Isradecal have done a full resin kit recently

http://www.isradecal.com/_p/prd1/4541044651/product/ouragan-md-450-1%3A48

It looks a lot more detailed than the JGMT kit,  and has a very  comprehensive decal sheet

I'd not be surprised to see this from a Chinese company as a injection kit sometime either, which if they are 'inspired' by the Isradecal, would  be neat, as there  are some  interesting schemes for the Ouragan,  all the Israeli, then sold to off to  El Salvador  Indian for the Indo-Pakistan conflicts, and the Patrouille De France flew them as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Ouragan

Edited by Troy Smith
add details
  • Like 2

Amigos les invito a Visitar mi perfil de Facebook Ahí encontrarán mucha de Información Sobre el ouragan y en especial de Mi País El Salvador El Cual Tuvo la flota aviones ouraganes.

Buscar MD 450 Ouragan Club Internacional, soy el creador y el que ha clonado Lo Del jmgt Así Que miren y espero Que disfruten 

Edited by alexandermr82

2 hours ago, alexandermr82 said:

Amigos les invito a Visitar mi perfil de Facebook Ahí encontrarán mucha de Información Sobre el ouragan y en especial de Mi País El Salvador El Cual Tuvo la flota aviones ouraganes.

Buscar MD 450 Ouragan Club Internacional, soy el creador y el que ha clonado Lo Del jmgt Así Que miren y espero Que disfruten 

Translation, courtesy of yer Uncle bloke:

Fellas, ya're invited to visit my Facebook profile. There ya'll find a plethora of info regardin' 'em Ouragan, especially, those which were flown by the Salvadoran Air Force.

Search for "MD450 Ouragan Club Internacional"; me's the one who build 'em page 'n' also the one who cloned the JMGT kit, so have a look 'n' me hopes that ye enjoy! 

@Alexander: Bienvenido al foro Britmodeller. Muchas gracias por brindar tu información, pero, como te sugirió Troy Smith más arriba, este es un foro de modelismo en el cual los moderadores, tanto como el administrador, esperan que los usuarios posteen en inglés, así todos pueden entenderse. Hay muchos modelistas que si bien no conocen el idioma con fluidez, hacen su mejor esfuerzo para respetar esa regla.

Cheers,

Unc2 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Translation, courtesy of yer Uncle bloke:

Fellas, ya're invited to visit my Facebook profile. There ya'll find a plethora of info regardin' 'em Ouragan, especially, those which were flown by the Salvadoran Air Force.

Search for "MD450 Ouragan Club Internacional"; me's the one who build 'em page 'n' also the one who cloned the JMGT kit, so have a look 'n' me hopes that ye enjoy! 

@Alexander: Bienvenido al foro Britmodeller. Muchas gracias por brindar tu información, pero, como te sugirió Troy Smith más arriba, este es un foro de modelismo en el cual los moderadores, tanto como el administrador, esperan que los usuarios posteen en inglés, así todos pueden entenderse. Hay muchos modelistas que si bien no conocen el idioma con fluidez, hacen su mejor esfuerzo para respetar esa regla.

Cheers,

Unc2 

google translate....

Welcome to the Britmodeller forum. Thank you very much for providing your information, but, as Troy Smith suggested above, this is a modeling forum in which moderators, as well as the administrator, expect users to post in English, so everyone can understand each other. There are many modelers who, although they do not know the language fluently, do their best to respect that rule.

Alexander,  English is a very robust language, by that I mean even if not spoken fluently it can usually be understood and native speakers are used to this,  given it very widespread use worldwide.

even if  you don't  speak English, auto-translate  does work.

cheers

T

hi chaps, no updates on this Im afraid. It's been put to one side to work on other projects. That does not mean it's been forgotten, just put on hold for a while.

the full resin Isradecal kit looks very nice too

cheers from firework and fallas tastic Valencia

Jonners

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

hi chaps, no updates on this Im afraid. It's been put to one side to work on other projects. That does not mean it's been forgotten, just put on hold for a while.

the full resin Isradecal kit looks very nice too

cheers from firework and fallas tastic Valencia

Jonners

do not forget it!

that is a nice , and LOUD place to be at them moment then.... :):)

mascletá!