Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka, Hasegawa 1/72

Hi,

A second vintage, a 40 years old model posted by me today. This is Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka. Model by Hasegawa, from set with G4M1 Betty (which I did almost 15 years later...) painting scheme for machine found in Okinawa in 1945 (that what I have in my notes about her). Only cleaned from dust after 40 years from constructing her.

Regards and comments welcome

Jerzy -Wojtek

okha DSC01676okha DSC01675okha DSC01674okha DSC01673okha DSC01672

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 9

Lovely! I too was building models forty years ago and I can assure you mine were vastly less well-finished than yours are!

• Like 1

Very nice J-W! The paint work is superb and the doomed pilot looks happy enough :D

:goodjob:

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

Many thanks for comments, I appreciete them

Some perhaps 40 years ago I've read somwhere, that only 300 of 5000 kamikadze pilots were volunteers. 4700 were simply performing the military order. The choice was - execution in infame or kamikadze attack and posthumous glory of hero...

HOW did you do the canopy frames?? That canopy if incredibly small

Regarding the canopy frame - Greg, I was young (17), good eyes with sharp visibility and I was patient, moreover had "00" retouch brush... :)

Lovely! I too was building models forty years ago and I can assure you mine were vastly less well-finished than yours are!

Mitch - I am about 10 years older then you, so 40 yers ago I was 16 or 17 not 6 or 7...So - this is why you see differnce perhaps. By the way - regarding your Ju-88 as first experience - imagine that in my whole collection of more than 300 WWII machines now I have not a single Ju-88 done. I have five different versions in stash. I did one when I was 13 or 14 the Airfix one but it went to people...BTW - I always wanted to ask you - are you really doing some mass spectrometry? I am in my profession not far from this also :)

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1