Mig-31B/BS Foxhound 1:48 - WHAT? AGAIN?

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly not yet... I've been pulled away from it by other things (this happens way too much), and am currently stallingbuilding one of the new ICM Mig-25RBTs here.  I'll get back to this though, as I really want to do the demo bird, as well as retro-fitting the new metal gear to my original build, which is looking a bit squiffy now that gravity has been weighing on it for some months :owww:

• Like 2

I prefer the AMK kit, as mentioned in my review of the HB one here.  I just didn't hugely like some of the details of the HB kit, and did like some on the AMK kit... just my personal take on it :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mike said:

Sadly not yet... I've been pulled away from it by other things (this happens way too much), and am currently stallingbuilding one of the new ICM Mig-25RBTs here.  I'll get back to this though, as I really want to do the demo bird, as well as retro-fitting the new metal gear to my original build, which is looking a bit squiffy now that gravity has been weighing on it for some months :owww:

Just had a look at that one very nice. They'd look good side-by-side. Don't want the Foxhound to turn into a stashound... ;)

Edited by J.D.

13 hours ago, Mike said:

I prefer the AMK kit, as mentioned in my review of the HB one here.  I just didn't hugely like some of the details of the HB kit, and did like some on the AMK kit... just my personal take on it :)

I'm no expert on Migs but I believe that the original Hobby Boss release was of the first version of the Foxhound and the AMK releases are later versions, would that be correct? 

The AMK kit looks great in your build anyway. I'd be worried about doing such a big kit justice with the paint as it might end up looking like a big blob of solid grey paint.

Duncan B

Aye, spot on Duncan. 

The next Hobbyboss MiG-31 is the BM, so the upgraded version. Most recent AMK boxing is the B version, so halfway between the original AMK and Hobbyboss releases. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duncan B said:

I'm no expert on Migs but I believe that the original Hobby Boss release was of the first version of the Foxhound and the AMK releases are later versions, would that be correct? 

The AMK kit looks great in your build anyway. I'd be worried about doing such a big kit justice with the paint as it might end up looking like a big blob of solid grey paint.

Duncan B

That's about the size of it yeah :) The only way to break up the large expanses of grey paint is to add some modulation either in the way of pre-shading, post-shading, or any other of the numerous ways of skinning that particular cat :cat: No-one can really claim that there's no visible weathering on your average Foxhound.  Unless they've been blind since 1982. :shrug:

• Like 1