As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
PhantomBigStu

***2 Finished*** Phantoms Phantom(s)

Gone well, needs some sanding in parts as scratch marks are visible, and the camo needs to be a bit more intricate to represent the real thing better D382497C-7160-48A5-BE9A-87B8FC3319A9_zps gone so much better, much prefer working with xtracrlix

Glad to see that things are going better now Stu :)

Cliff

ready for decals, which are going on now, they are awful, given the all a coat of varnish to see if it helps, has helped in the past with old decals

2F7EF8C3-D82D-4188-8AAD-9E2011735F54_zps

varnish has helped, should have done it to start with, will do it by default with older decals from now on, dug my hasegawa one out, calling to be done as well, though also could buy myself another revell and do a German one with the decals that came with this one.....or maybe Ill finally start the academy one.......

9A4A75CD-5E19-4CBF-BC62-0376797B9B05_zps

scratchbuildings in order now, forgot abou the little hump, insert from the hasegawa for reference, whilst that happens time to consider what I'm going to hang under the inner pylons

0A423DC5-AEE4-49B8-85E6-4B0ADD6B0BE0_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Sensor lump scratched out of miliput and painted, tanks and pylons are on, awaiting missles A632F11D-8E27-4C32-995E-59DB02D017A3_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Missles are finally on, nightmarte doing the stripes, managed to use a cocktail stick on the sidewinders, but the sparrows are stripes of insulation tape, took ages to cut them up

C68C810B-5257-4684-91D2-4F3BB7CDEAB1_zps

Seems to be a groundhog day model, all I need to do was clean up the canopy and matt it and it would be done.....seem to be still at that same phase...hopefully can break the cycle

Yay I have broken the cycle, was finally happy with be canopy so the Matt varnish has gone on, will take a few coats to get the fiddly bits around the missles no doubt...will be done in the next couple of days for certain this time...pics latter, just got back from seeing Star Trek beyond

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Cracking finish

ANOTHER ONE ARE YOU MAD :banghead:

Love the weapons load and camo job on this one, top stuff! Look forward to your Spey jet too :popcorn:

May well be mad, work has started, took the unusual step of primed all the external parts first while k assembled the cockpit . , will mean once it's all togethor I can jump right into painting it, should save me some time 59DB41EE-9F90-4A4A-B3A2-02932F68BD71_zps

Love the Spangdahlem bird in Euro One camo. Shame there are no more decal sets that do them and one must resort to Hase's older kit to source them (which I have been planning to do as well)

All togethor and being painted, had some nasty glue marks appear, hoping they will sand away fine, also the fit of the little vents on the upper fuselage is awful, a lot of sanding is need and there's massive gap on the under side to fill. Hoping these are all nicely fixable, this wasnt cheap by half C92B29FA-5900-452C-BA0E-00F155FEF48C_zps

Camo and radome painted, still some sanding/filling to do, underside paint still to finish before all the metal areas are painted

DEBCEE8F-241F-457F-856A-11BC2BD75831_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu