JU-88 C-6 with rockets!

Just a thought, does anybody know if the glazing was painted over on the gondola? There is a clear part to fill the slot for the rearwards facing gun in the gondola, was this glazing or a metal part?

It was a metal plate if I am not mistaken. I have seen a picture of it somewhere in the aerodetails book. But I don't know if the gun was still used on the nightfighters?!

Cheers,

No idea.

Go with your heart young padawan etc.

Not long before you can get the colours on eh?

Been looking at lots of photo's of C-6's on the net and seems as if the glazing was left clear, nor sure about the plated over gun slot, just gonna paint it over.

Putting the colours on is always the thing I fear most, but it shall be done!

• Like 1

Rats!!! Just found out the Eduard Mask set for the JU-88C isn't for this model, did the gondola, then found out the rest don't fit!!

Montex looks as if it is the right one, gotta get one pronto.

Edited by DaveyGair

Started putting paint on. Black is humbrol rattle can which started spluttering as I did the final passes!

Then on with the RLM 65. A little overspray on the black, but that can be sorted, re; exhaust soot, etc.

DSC_0012_zpsr4qdbo9y.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsbaokxi4c.jpg

DSC_0014_zpszvhhyqjj.jpg

DSC_0015_zpsydylcbur.jpg

Due to the afore mentioned problem with the Eduard mask set, I am waiting for a Montex set to arrive, couldn't stand the thought of fiddling with the set, as my wife suggested :winkgrin:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got some masking and painting and masking and more painting done this week. Got some bits to fix mainly on the underside, due to my poor masking. The OWL instructions are a bit vague on the 70/71 scheme and I'm no Luftwaffe expert, but it's gonna get a splash of winter wash anyway so I'm not too concerned. Paints are Vallejo Model Air straight from the tin as they say!

DSC_0001_zpsztlizeui.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsbud5un95.jpg

DSC_0003_zpse7quaart.jpg

DSC_0004_zpslvfgjqpr.jpg

DSC_0005_zps8loosjyb.jpg

DSC_0006_zpsxund2tw2.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsj9hlxurb.jpg

And..... just noticed I've lost the rear gunners headrest somewhere along the line :banghead:

• Like 3

Cheers guys, this is only the 3rd model I will be finishing in recent weeks with my 'comeback' after 20 years or so, also using new airbrushing gear ( Sparmax compressor and Neo Iwata ). The trouble is it shows all your rubbish attempts at finishing joins, but something I intend to better with each model.

Touching up the overspray on the gondola before removing the masks, then varnish and decals next ( haven't got the courage to try the montex masks for the markings!)

Right, according to my wife I've completely ruined my model!

Before and after shots after applying the roughly applied winter wash. Vallejo modelair white with a touch of aged white to take the ....erm, whiteness out of it, varying the amount of water added throughout, applied by cotton bud. I think it'll look OK after a bit of panel line wash and matting down.

The exhaust shrouds are yet to be added as they seemed to leak above and below along the cowling so will be fixed on after airbrushing exhaust staining.

Also totally forgot to add the (direction finder?) glazing beforehand :banghead:

DSC_0009_zpsc5r9rfoe.jpg

DSC_0010_zpsfy0tjoys.jpg

DSC_0011_zpsutbynu1f.jpg

DSC_0012_zpsnas5kvvn.jpg

DSC_0013_zps6utfvegh.jpg

DSC_0014_zps3cz2z4xo.jpg

DSC_0015_zpsmxnamwjh.jpg

• Like 5

Just a quick update, been doing some little jobs last couple of nights.

Some panel line wash, needs some more done though.

Exhaust staining and fitting of the flame dampers, which need a bit of winter wash and weathering.

Tailwheel assembly fitted.

Still need to do the rockets, weathering of the undercarriage and more panel line wash.

Adding the matt/satin varnish.

Touching up of the spinners and other items.

Adding the aerial and cable.

DSC_0016_zpswtum3s2s.jpg

DSC_0017_zpsy7err5sa.jpg

DSC_0018_zpsfa8gcll4.jpg

Oh, and the rear gun! (just noticed!)

• Like 3

Been busy on with all the 'fiddley faddley' bits this afternoon/evening, also assembled the twin WGr.21 rockets from the Eduard Brassin set. Had a hard look at some of the photo's of this mod on ME 110's and it looks as if there was still one release hook, I just figured there would be a bracket welded across to join the two tubes so just used some scrap brass, photo's below.

There are hooks and eye's to put on the release bracket as well, but I'm not gonna attempt those!!

DSC_0020_zpsvaq2xrfl.jpg

DSC_0019_zpscwlejvog.jpg

• Like 3

Those rockets look fiddly as...rude word.

Great job on them though. Will you be bringing the completed model to the club in a couple of weeks?

Yeah, i'll probably bring it in a week monday. You going?

• Like 1

Curses! Damn and Blast! etc, etc.

Only had the nose guns, Aerial and wire to finish, coming out of the loft after finishing the matt varnish,and the Gair Buffoonery strikes again, fumbled the model and almost dropped it to the floor, but saved it, knocked off a couple of FuG's in the process :banghead:

Anyway, thats it almost done. Thanks for all the comments and helpful advice. Special thanks go to Alistair, AKA Mottlemaster, for the supply of the correct FuG fittings from his build. This has took longer than expected, although I have a lot of other interests and hobbies (thought this retirement lark would give me more time!), and althought the kit isn't the best fitting I've enjoyed the challenge and learned a lot to take forward on future projects.

See you in the Gallery

DSC_0002_zpsriyeuzv8.jpg

DSC_0001_zpshmkrroqx.jpg

Curses! Damn and Blast! etc, etc.

Only had the nose guns, Aerial and wire to finish, coming out of the loft after finishing the matt varnish,and the Gair Buffoonery strikes again, fumbled the model and almost dropped it to the floor, but saved it, knocked off a couple of FuG's in the process :banghead:

Anyway, thats it almost done. Thanks for all the comments and helpful advice. Special thanks go to Alistair, AKA Mottlemaster, for the supply of the correct FuG fittings from his build. This has took longer than expected, although I have a lot of other interests and hobbies (thought this retirement lark would give me more time!), and althought the kit isn't the best fitting I've enjoyed the challenge and learned a lot to take forward on future projects.

See you in the Gallery

DSC_0002_zpsriyeuzv8.jpg

DSC_0001_zpshmkrroqx.jpg

Is it true that they shed these Fug's after the mating season ?

Looks superb . get it in the gallery asap :goodjob: