Revell 1:72 Ju 88 C-6 (see my other thread for progress)

Because we all love nightfighters my second build will be one. I have the newish Revell z/n kit but don´t know yet which decal set to buy for it, though I know which plane and in which scheme I want to model! Regards, V-P

Edited by vppelt68
  • Like 3

Yes, it's indeed the "Kiwi" R4+HH I'd like to do, painted like the Rolling Stones told me to 😊.

Arnie, it's nice kit but why did they leave the Schräge Musik out of the kit? Cost effective but silly 😞.

Yes, it's indeed the "Kiwi" R4+HH I'd like to do, painted like the Rolling Stones told me to .

Arnie, it's nice kit but why did they leave the Schräge Musik out of the kit? Cost effective but silly .

Did they use Schräge musik on a C6?! That must be almost a one of I think. They are more used with the G version.

I found some pictures of Schräge Muzik on some C6's. They are all from late war airplanes. Maybee a modification when they became popular with the aces?!

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

I'm not so good with night fighters... But that, Arnold, sounds very reasonable. I just wonder why the plane in the header picture of Revell kit instructions clearly has those guns! Who's kit is that...?

EDIT: pic added a day later

Header_zpssicy9p7b.jpg

Edited by vppelt68

• 4 weeks later...

An 'All-Black' Ju-88. That would explain the 'Z/N' in the name, for 'Zeeland, Neu'. Right, I'll get me coat...

Regards,

Jason

You have nailed it Jason. hahaha

Nah, the Z/N is for a Zerstorer/Nachtjager (destroyer/nightfighter) You can build both version out of this kit.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Thanks again, I've read the book about the princes, and it was a good read. I don't suppose anybody has additional information of those nightfighters, that were used in Estonia in the winter of 1943-44 when Tallinn was regularly under attack by the Soviets?