Italeri 1/48 Mirage F-1C

Looking for a quick and easy build and this should do it.

image1_zpsqcxqzdr3.jpg

image2_zpstoxj0ys5.jpg

image31_zpsp0297qwb.jpg

OOB with the exception of the resin ejection seat and a soon to arrive AML resin exhaust.

Keep an eye out for progress.

Thanks

• Like 3

Cool, good to see another Mirage getting some attention here, not seen this kit being built before so will be watching your progress to see how it looks and goes together :)

Yes this is a re-boxing of the old ESCI kit, still builds into a nice model of the F-1 and is a lot cheaper than the Kittyhawk one.

Other than being a bit basic I believe it is quite accurate shape wise, not something I've heard about the Kittyhawk kit, and when I built one a couple of years ago it went together quite well.

Thanks guys. Started last night to find out that the Pavla ejection seat does not fit at all and after trying to sand the bottom down realised that the kit seat would need to be used. Looked at it, and said to myself that it won't suffice, so will be ordering the Pavla resin cockpit set and resin intakes, so this one will be put aside for a few weeks until they arrive from the UK.

As for scheme, likely doing a non spec blue gray scheme, but need advice on what Gunze aqueous paints I can use to replicate it? Intermediate blue was one I heard. Anyone with any advice???

Thanks guys. Started last night to find out that the Pavla ejection seat does not fit at all and after trying to sand the bottom down realised that the kit seat would need to be used. Looked at it, and said to myself that it won't suffice, so will be ordering the Pavla resin cockpit set and resin intakes, so this one will be put aside for a few weeks until they arrive from the UK.

I you haven't ordered yet, I'd recommend the Neomega-resin cockpit! superb detail and fit!!!

• 1 month later...

Update. No pics, but I can say that I have managed to get my hands on the Pavla resin cockpit set and intakes, along with my AML exhaust. I will now most likely go with a two tone brown camo scheme and do an a/c as based at Reims in the early 80's. I have made the necessary cuts and adjustments for the cockpit and I'm ready for paint to be applied. Pics to come in following days.

• Like 1