Please help identify font...

niki

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build up the courage to print the decals for a little project of mine and would very much appreciate if anyone could help me with identifying this font:

26502597750_1c933d44af_o.jpg

I have already found something of a stencils font that is broadly similar and that would probably not make such a big difference in 1/72 or even 1/48, but if there is any chance of precisely identifying the above, that would be great!

...If indeed it is a widely used font and not just some makeshift factory solution. :)

Many thanks,

Niki

Thanks, guys!

That's where I searched before asking my question here. And, yes, that's the font I mentioned as looking similar to the one in the picture.

Maybe something else comes up or I am going to have to stick to it.

Thanks again for your effort and input!

Niki

I'm trying to build up the courage to print the decals for a little project of mine and would very much appreciate if anyone could help me with identifying this font:

Hi Niki, I once searched high and low for another stencil font, used on Firebee drones around 1972. I finally found it on Ebay: the stencil that I was looking for was 'Reese's Adjustable Lockedge Brass Stencils', 4 inch tall. Since yours is more modern (post 1990 I guess), maybe it was made with a stencil cutting machine, so also look for those on Ebay.

Rob

Since yours is more modern (post 1990 I guess), maybe it was made with a stencil cutting machine...

Now that you mention it, that is pretty sensible assumption, I think, Rob. One more reason to suspect it would be a wild chase trying to find the exact font.

Thanks for the insight!

The stencils are standard from a Fighting Falcon but the exact font is unlike that/ those used on any other Viper I have seen close-up...!?

In the meantime, motivated by the two earlier replies (thanks again, guys!), I dug a bit deeper in dafont.com and found these two workable options:

New Stencil TFB and DIN Schablonierschrift

I should be able to get away with those, I guess :pirate:

Cheers,

Niki

hi all ,

if lookin' for really small multi colours Military type Letters 'n' Numbers Deeecals.

check out Rob Sneddon's ( Glasgow ) "mehusla " eBay Site for his War Gaming Water Slide Transfers.

Rob is a great fella and will communicate with the buyer,

.....and the Deeecals are pretty good too !

cheery " modellin' " mumbas!

Geoff