1/48 - Hawker Siddeley/BAe Harrier GR.1/GR.3 & McDD AV-8A/S Matador by Kinetic - released

Homebee

Xtradecal sheets in the pipeline

- ref. X48211 - Early RAF Harrier GR.1/3

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X48211

• Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.1, XV753, ‘53’ of the Harrier Operational Conversion Unit, RAF, RAF Wittering, 1970. 
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.1A, XW745, ‘Blue 27’ of 233 Operational Conversion Unit, RAF, RAF Wittering, seen at RAF Woodford, 17 August, 1974.
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XV762, ‘Blue 44’ of 233 Operational Conversion Unit, RAF, RAF Wittering, 25 Feburary, 1975.
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.1, XV787, ‘Red Alpha’ of 1 (F) Squadron, RAF, RAF Wittering, early 1970s.
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XV793, ‘Yellow Romeo’ of 3 (F) Squadron, RAF, RAF Gutersloh, West Germany, 1970s
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XV786, ‘Black Echo’ of IV (AC) Squadron, RAF, RAF Gutersloh, West Germany, March, 1975.
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XV802, ‘Black X-Ray X-Ray’ of 20 (R) Squadron, RAF, RAF Wildenrath, West Germany, June, 1971.
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XV787, ‘Red 02’, ‘Hot to Trot’ of 1 (F) Squadron, RAF, RAF Belize,Belize, 1975.

X48211.jpg X48211-2.jpg

X48211-3.jpg  X48211-4.jpg

- ref. X48212 - RAF Harrier GR.3

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X48212

• Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XZ967, ‘D’, ‘Donatello’ of 1473 Flight, RAF, RAF Belize, Belize, 1993.
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, ZD668, ‘3E’ of 20(R) Squadron/233 OCU, RAF, RAF Laarbruch, West Germany, 30 March 1993.
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XZ972, ‘Red 33’ flown by Flight Lieutenant Jeff Glover of 1(F) Squadron, RAF aboard HMS Hermes, during ‘Operation Corporate, South Atlantic, 21 May 1982
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XZ971, ‘G’, ‘Hod Carrier’ of 1473 Flight, RAF, RAF Belize, Belize, 1993.
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XV760, ‘K’of 3 Squadron, RAF, RAF Gutersloh, West Germany, April 1989.
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XV738, ‘B’ of No.IV (AC) Squadron, during ‘Operation Matchcoat’, RAF Gutersloh, West Germany, 1984. 
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XV758, ‘V’of 3 Squadron, RAF, RAF Gutersloh, West Germany, April, 1989.
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XV809, ‘AF’ of 3 Squadron, RAF, during Exercise ‘Match-Coat’ 1984
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XV778, ‘16’ of 1(F) Squadron, RAF, during Exercise ‘Cold Winter’ deployed to Tromso, Norway, 1979.
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XV787, ‘V’ of 1453 Flight, RAF, RAF Port Stanley, Falkland Islands, 1983.
  • Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR.3, XW916, ‘CW’ of IV Squadron, RAF, RAF Gutersloh, Germany 1981.

X48212.jpg  X48212-4.jpg

X48212-2.jpg X48212-3.jpg  X48212-5.jpg

V.P.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

Where's Homebee when you need him!

Dancing with you in the submarine...? :hmmm:

Oh, it's all about this song by Belinda Carlisle my sheila was playing out loud on mi Hi-Fi last weekend (without my permission; it's only the thundering Heavy Metal music allowed to play on it. For the other music it's the portable radio CD-player stereo in either the kitchen or the laundry room).

Song line was like:

Ooh, my luv it's you that I dream of

Ooh, my luv since that day

Somewhere in my heart I'm always

Dancing with you in the submarine...??? :lol: That line turned out to be the summer rain... :rolleyes: Song was kinda mellowy and catchy. Me don't likey...

Be that as it may, she was STILL not allowed to keep on listening that kind of music in my Hi-Fi.

Yeh, she wasn't...

Cheers,

Unc2

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Dancing with you in the submarine...? :hmmm:

Oh, it's all about this song by Belinda Carlisle my sheila was playing out loud on mi Hi-Fi last weekend (without my permission; it's only the thundering Heavy Metal music allowed to play on it. For the other music it's the portable radio CD-player stereo in either the kitchen or the laundry room).

Song line was like:

Ooh, my luv it's you that I dream of

Ooh, my luv since that day

Somewhere in my heart I'm always

Dancing with you in the submarine...??? :lol: That line turned out to be the summer rain... :rolleyes: Song was kinda mellowy and catchy. Me don't likey...

Be that as it may, she was STILL not allowed to keep on listening that kind of music in my Hi-Fi.

Yeh, she wasn't...

Cheers,

Unc2

Blimey! I saw Belinda Carlisle at the 80's Rewind Festival about 10 years ago. Except they mis-spelled her name to Belinda Carlise. I think it was an even more surreal experience that the idea of dancing in a submarine.

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

I think it was an even more surreal experience that the idea of dancing in a submarine.

:lol: I thought who would have ever thought of those lyrics! There is not much room left to dance in a submarine!!

That Belinda Carlisle tho; quite a beauty she is, huh? :wub:

So, with regard to the Kinetic kit; is the Xtradecal X48212 meant for the Airfix kit then?

Yeh, is it...?

Cheers,

Unc2

13 hours ago, Homebee said:

Interesting

- ref. 48060 - McDonnell-Douglas AV-8A Harrier and not Harrier GR.1 as originally advertised !

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/K48060

Oh :( Dare say there'll be a GR.1 boxing due afterwards or perhaps a selection of schemes included.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 11:33 PM, Col. said:

Oh :( Dare say there'll be a GR.1 boxing due afterwards or perhaps a selection of schemes included.

err...

On 3/13/2020 at 9:45 AM, Homebee said:

Also

- ref. 48072 - BAe Harrier GR.1/3

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/K48072

So, this boxing will have the option to do a RAF GR1 or a GR3 ... right?

Would like to do one of each, so will need two, no problem, just need to make sure and I'll go ahead and order up those Xtradecal sheets from Hannants, want to build an RAF Wildenrath GR1 as I used to live in Germany when my Dad was based at Wildenrath, even sat in FLt Lt Goodall's GR1 (this guy went on to be a very high ranker in the RAF) there at an air show in early 70's when I was about 14 :)

Love the look of the snow Harriers too and would a GR3 this way.

Really looking fwd to this release.

• Like 2

First box art - ref. 48072 - McDD AV-8A Harrier USMC

Expected in September 2020 ?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/posts/1598769950290110

At LM https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48072

48072 - AV-8A USMC Harrier - see you in Sept 2020

After years of waiting, finally the Harrier is undergo tool cutting stage, so expecting a new tooled AV-8A in 2020 !

106753572-1598769346956837-6568202055580

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2020 at 11:00 AM, One 48 said:

So, this boxing will have the option to do a RAF GR1 or a GR3 ... right?

Would like to do one of each, so will need two, no problem, just need to make sure and I'll go ahead and order up those Xtradecal sheets from Hannants, want to build an RAF Wildenrath GR1 as I used to live in Germany when my Dad was based at Wildenrath, even sat in FLt Lt Goodall's GR1 (this guy went on to be a very high ranker in the RAF) there at an air show in early 70's when I was about 14 :)

Love the look of the snow Harriers too and would a GR3 this way.

Really looking fwd to this release.

You are indeed correct about Flt Lt Goodall. Known as 'Rocky' (even when he attained senior rank) I worked for him in the mid-1990s and in spite of his seniority, he maintained a good sense of humour. He even featured in a memorable 'Christmas Special' where is name was changed to Goody Rockall in an effort to protect the innocent !. 

I also totally agree with you on the 'Snow Harriers' and having spent a considerable amount of time in Norway, one of these will feature on my project list for early generation Harriers.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 09/07/2020 at 21:04, Tiger331 said:

You are indeed correct about Flt Lt Goodall. Known as 'Rocky' (even when he attained senior rank) I worked for him in the mid-1990s and in spite of his seniority, he maintained a good sense of humour. He even featured in a memorable 'Christmas Special' where is name was changed to Goody Rockall in an effort to protect the innocent !. 

I also totally agree with you on the 'Snow Harriers' and having spent a considerable amount of time in Norway, one of these will feature on my project list for early generation Harriers.

Hi Tiger331, hope this works, here is the pic of me sitting in Flt Lt Rocky Goodall's Harrier GR1 as a kid of about 14 at an RAF Wildenrath Germany sort of family day thing, early to mid 70's. Dad was in the RAF then too and served at Wildenrath, though we lived off camp at Geilenkirchen, so a bit of travel for him and me and sisters to the BFPO school Kent at Hostert, lived there three years, fun times.

Unfortunately my original pic got ruined over the years somehow, only found it again after Dad passed away, last year a lady friend tried to restore as best she could on Photoshop she is still learning, not a bad recovery, very happy with it.

Goes without saying have a passion for all things Harrier here, will be buying at least two of these kits... fantastic news.

Goodalls-Harrier-1.jpg

Goodals-Harrier-2.jpg

• Like 2