Great result on the camouflage. I'd also like to know if you hand-painted of airbrushed the wiggle lines.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Not just any camouflage....

Looks really good, in fact you made it look easy. Looking forward to the rest.

Also a second one who would love to know how you did the squiggles!

Rob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a few weeks since i looked at this build and now iv done a little more on it it will get some more pics .

basically its nearly done with only the aerial wire and rear gun to put in place .

I have taken some pics on my new lolly stick base which is just the correct size for it but has been built for the 1/48 G-6 . From the size of the individual planks they would have to be cut from extra large pine trees and moved by two strong men .

P1010788.jpg

P1010787.jpg

And yes the squiggles were hand painted as my airbrush couldnt get tem dark as i wanted at this scale .

• Like 6

And yes the squiggles were hand painted as my airbrush couldnt get tem dark as i wanted at this scale .

That's reassuring to know, I have my airfix FW 190 to build with squiggles!

Looking very nice, really like the base as well

Rob

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well im calling this one finished .

Firstly i would like to thank V-p and andy for hosting this G/B without which this kit would have remained unbuilt in its box for the next 30 years . It takes a gb to flush an old timer out as i cant think it would ever have caught my eye .

It has proved a load of fun as plenty of problems had to be overcome and a little scratch building too . these are both aspects of the hobby i find most rewarding . I very rarely build a tamiya kit OOB as it does nothing for me .

I am pleased with the end result , a little rough in places but im no perfectionist .

The spots on the prop covers are too small and the undercarriage is to high and the aircraft looks a little like its standing on its tip toes . This is the reason i have left the bombs off as would look even odder fully loaded .

lastly thanks to all those who commented and provided encouragement over the past couple of months .

Cheers

Alistair

Congrats Alistair! Impressive camouflage scheme and great build!

The base looks superb as well.!

Very well done :thumbsup:

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1