1/72 F8U-1 Crusader 140444 and 140446 done

Lovely work, two cracking Crusaders!

Keith

Thanks again. More to come, Want to have a squadron of these, however many that is, just have to build a Peterbilt first.

Edited by busnproplinerfan

Amazing work. Those early Crusaders have a look that suggests lots of 'oomph'. To have so compellingly miniaturized that oomph factor like you did is nothing short of fantastic.

Jay

What is there not to love..!

Cheers,

Andre

great looking pair......

Ooh, early shiny race-car jets, wow! :photo:

Amazing work. Those early Crusaders have a look that suggests lots of 'oomph'. To have so compellingly miniaturized that oomph factor like you did is nothing short of fantastic.

Jay

Great looking builds - the last of the gun-fighters...

Like that race car analogy, they look fast sitting on the ground. Some planes just have that look that they are meant to perform with that oomph. I wish I could have seen one in person or flying. Have to go to a France airshow for that. I know there are two in the U.S. that are flyable and privately owned, but they haven't flown for some time. Thunderbird Aviation owns them. They are ex Philippine AF planes. I was told the navy doesn't allow their aircraft to be flown once retired.

Wonderful work in those superb machines you depicted here!!

Willgo into your site from time to time to check your projects as the nice things I have seen deserve to be followed closer.

Thank you very much for sharing!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Wonderful work in those superb machines you depicted here!!

Willgo into your site from time to time to check your projects as the nice things I have seen deserve to be followed closer.

Thank you very much for sharing!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Thanks, that site is a bit out of date, I have to update it. Still accurate to some degree, just been lazy.

• Like 1

A great couple of Crusaders. Love the different metal tones.

Thanks, I'm still learning the metal tones thing. Used to always just paint the whole plane spray silver.

Thought I'd add two more better poses, the first one is a bit blurred towards the backround, my camera sucks. The second is my F-8 family including the big cousin, the Super Crusader and Vought's mule. '899 and '444 just won a bronze at a recent model club contest.

F_8_family_Apl_28_2016_2.jpg

F_8_family_Apl_28_2016_5.jpg

Edited by busnproplinerfan
  • Like 6

Wonderful job on all these fine-looking craft ! All these Crusaders are terrific, including that amazing Crusader III.

Mike

Stunning collection superb models.

Ian.

Thanks guys.