Revell 1/72 Ju-88A-4 ### Finished 1-8-2016 ####

I will do the new(ish) Revell 1/72 Ju-88A-4. It will be build almost out of the box, exept some etch seatbelts and other decals. The decals still needs to be purshased. I am thinking of a desert scheme.

Pictures will follow later.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 4

Welcome Arnold, donĀ“t ruin your appetite for desert/MTO subjects though... Regards, V-P

Don't worry V-P. I have got something different for the MTO GB.

Cheers,

• Like 2

Here are some pictures of the box content. Can't wait to get started.

IMG_3026_zps0z37wp36.jpg

IMG_3027_zpskuyuufy5.jpg

And this will probably be the scheme I am going to use. I am still not shure. Maybee I will get a different decal sheet.

IMG_3028_zpsrxgy65nx.jpg

Cheers,

Here are some pictures of the box content. Can't wait to get started.

IMG_3026_zps0z37wp36.jpg

IMG_3027_zpskuyuufy5.jpg

And this will probably be the scheme I am going to use. I am still not shure. Maybee I will get a different decal sheet.

IMG_3028_zpsrxgy65nx.jpg

Cheers,

Well that decides it then.... I will build the other option šŸ˜ƒ. I will get my thread up if I get chance tonight.

Looking forward to your build, just like your others in fact!!

Rob

• Like 1

Well that decides it then.... I will build the other option . I will get my thread up if I get chance tonight.

Looking forward to your build, just like your others in fact!!

Rob

Don't be to hasty with the option. Maybee I buy a different kind of decalsheet (for a N-Afrika) for this. Than you can still do this one.

You just have to wait.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Well I will wait and see, I am a fan of both options TBH, but leaning towards Sicily....

Rob

It will be the Greece option for me. i didn't get the decals I was looking for.

I have done some work on the model today. Mainly the cockpit floor was put together. tomorrow I will place some PE seatbelts to the seats after wich the cockpit can be painted. I have no pictures jet. try to do them tomorrow.

Cheers,

• Like 3

Hi Guys,

Here are some pictures of the cockpit. I still need to paint it. I hope to do that tomorrow.

IMG_3066_zps9lv77yse.jpg

IMG_3067_zpsuuggcezp.jpg

IMG_3069_zpsbqkzmfyt.jpg

IMG_3070_zpsp5dvxvb3.jpg

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 4

Where did you get those quadruple size cloths pegs from ? :evil_laugh:

Ehhh, I stole them from my wife. :whistle:

The seats does look small in 1/72. I normaly build in 1/48 that is why the cloths pegs are double the size. :rofl:

Cheers,

Hi guys,

I have been working on the fuselage this morning and found a hick up in the manual. Ask me how I know this?! I found out the hard way.

So, I will warn you guys now, before you have to do it yourself.

In step 10 Revell say to you to open up six holes in the fuselage parts. Only there are eight holes?! :fight: And of course in my enthusiasm I open up all eight!!! :poo:

Here is a picture of the opened holes.

IMG_3071_zpsazd2uqpj.jpg

The two black holes shouldn't be opened. But then I found out that the holes for the second antenna (part G248) is to far placed from the first one.

So here is a picture of the wholes that should be filled. They are given a black coat.Now comes the confusing part of this. The orginal second black hole from picture one stays open (the one with the pencil arrow) and I have measured two new holes for the antenna (where the pencil lines are)

IMG_3073_zpsaytsnztd.jpg

And then finally a picture of the fuselage with the wrong hole pluged. Also the new ones are made with a drill.

IMG_3074_zpsaguicapj.jpg

When you see the profiles for painting the antennas are correct placed. Take them as a sort of a reference.

I hope I am the only one who has made this mistake. It is a very nice kit.

I have also glued the wings together including open up the holes for the bomb racks and dive breaks.

Cheers,

• Like 3

Thanks for this advice, Arnold! Maybe IĀ“ll leave all those holes intact and just cut the pegs from the antennas and then butt-joint them...

I assume you've checked that the tailwheel assembly can be slipped in and attached to part A15 afterwards. IĀ“m glad youĀ“ve done that because now I can try to do the same :-) Regards, V-P

Thanks for this advice, Arnold! Maybe IĀ“ll leave all those holes intact and just cut the pegs from the antennas and then butt-joint them...

I assume you've checked that the tailwheel assembly can be slipped in and attached to part A15 afterwards. IĀ“m glad youĀ“ve done that because now I can try to do the same :-) Regards, V-P

Ehhhmm, I haven't checked it. Need to do that tomorrow, but I don't think that it will be a problem.

You can put the first three holes in and the second black one. And snap only the outer pegs of That makes it more firm.

O, I also found out that the round part of the antena's should be placed to each other (round in the middle)

Cheers,

• Like 1

I have checked and there is no problem with the tailwheel assembly.

Cheers,

• Like 2

More holes in your aircraft than the roads in Devon . Lucky you wont ned to wate for the council to fill them

Are you sure?! The last time I was there I found a few with my car. :rofl:

Cheers,