ICM Ju 88 A5 1/48 **finished**

Looking nice Ozzy. I shall be dusting off my airbrush and coating my build tomorrow. I hope it behaves.

Thanks Bodmin,

Hopefully I will get some green on top this week, good luck with your airbrush activity tamiya do an RAF green XF 82 I think it is.

Got some green on, however I've run out of masking tape so will have to wait for the weekend to pick some up. As you can see I've gone for the open top look.

95612550afbbd6eb69e1f2c64f3983cc_zpsg8ko

• Like 4

How about using tape for the edge and filling in with Copydex ,cheaper and quicker and iv never had it pull off paint . i bet your looking forward to getting the splinter unveiled and the decals on

• Like 1

How about using tape for the edge and filling in with Copydex ,cheaper and quicker and iv never had it pull off paint . i bet your looking forward to getting the splinter unveiled and the decals on

Thanks for the idea Mottlemaster, I will look out for it when I'm in town next. Yes I can't wait to see her all painted up, then I will cover it with a whitewash. My plan is to have a go at a well worn whitewash to show some of the splinter paint work.

Splinter paint work done, I think it looks pretty effective from where I'm sitting. I found a Ju-88 on here with the sort of look I'm after, next stop gloss coat, transfers, white wash and some yellow bits.

Top view

a84a6c9f7194c789cfc2c76867bb38fb_zpsrzbn

Front view

df5eb7c23c76d2cb56829629271c246e_zpsioen

Cockpit close up

9d56d993067ed9137183dbb5c59c9cad_zpszccx

Port side

8b66122b761d842b70354ecd68e2c78f_zpskegl

Starboard side

f3f720fd4f591b2ab81416a459d12b25_zpsj0lx

Hopefully I will pick up some 1/72 T-34's, a base, ez line and some clear rod tomorrow.

• Like 5

Ozzy, that looks suitably menacing as only some WW2 Luftwaffe types can.

I like it..... I like it a lot :goodjob:

Thanks DaveyGair,

Hopefully she will look more menacing, with a little white wash on her.

looks good Ozzy. Actung actung....Wir kommen!!!

Thanks Bodmin,

Found my armourfast T-34's today, you get 2 in a box fantastic value.

ozzy , that is a nice job on the splinter ... a shame to cover it up .. keep the white wash thin please :goodjob:

Mottlemaster thanks,

My plan is to have it well worn away, so hopefully you will still be able to see this underneath.

A non aviation update but will be part of the finished build,I will use them both as once filled with some weights will form a counter balance for the diving Ju 88. They are the armourfast set.

3fd2887439deabb52d77da9944ddcc78_zpsuvog

• Like 2

They're good little kits, good value for wargaming. Here's a couple I did for just that purpose, a bit of inspiration :thumbsup:

DSC_0016_zpsxwfvfxu0.jpg

DaveyGair,

Thanks for sharing, there great value 2 for the price of 1. I hope mine look as good.

Looking as though it's in German service now, the transfers are a mixture of the kit and aftermarket. I think ICM have either changed their supplier or improved their own production of transfers, as the crosses went on really well. I'm just waiting for it all to dry then to mask areas then white wash, my clear rod has arived once my base arrives I will make a hole probably in the bomb Bay Area.

f821b1d35a909373ef51a96af0f4df9f_zpsf34i

632a9505077af6dfb6d7f610f6a7b10f_zpszo6f

• Like 4

Looking the biz Ozzy, looking forward to seeing the finished diorama.

Thanks DaveyGair,

The base I ordered should be here this week, I've got the clear rod so I will post some photos of it in a dive soon.

Bomb gone.

b9ea960d14d9eca9eb0d51f0ddef792b_zps7ves

Drilled out a hole using my craft knife, then used a rounded file to increase the hole.

c6d7cfacb41e93dd6fcf834c139cb019_zpsvemy

Ju 88 on a stick.

ad87c2f233e2cfddb8d5a494f7eb2330_zpswzhx

This is how it will look, I've ordered a base with 28cm usable surface this will mean a lot of weight in the two T-34's to make it all balance.

faa0ef88003ea39f1a1475d0926d1dab_zpskjem

• Like 4

lookin very goog mate, like the idea with the 34's...

Andy

Thanks Andy,

The T -34's were an excuse to buy the armourfast kits, I just need to find some thin clear rod for the released bombs.

The angle of attack looks just wright . Good luck in figuring out where the bombs are going to be in relation to the 88 and 34's

Thanks Alistair,

I've got an idea of their position, just hope I can fix them in place.

Thanks Andy,

The T -34's were an excuse to buy the armourfast kits, I just need to find some thin clear rod for the released bombs.

You can always use stretched clear sprue?! Just an idea.

Cheers,

• Like 1

You can always use stretched clear sprue?! Just an idea.

Cheers,

Thanks Arnold,

I didn't think of that, I will give it a go. In the meantime I've used some tooth pic's to see what it looks like.

c93a85a8730ec265208eb1ed803a57b4_zpshsab

• Like 4