Banff Beaufighter - Airfix 1/72 New tool

Evening,

Final bits n pieces fitted this afternoon, and I'm calling this done. Built straight out the box, decals and all. Only additions were some tape seat belts, oh and I cheated on the canopy masking with an Eduard set. Flory models panel line wash and weathered further with pastels.

I have already noticed a couple of omissions, the gear doors are a tad too clean. Given their location aft of the the lower side of the engine, I suspect these would be far from clean! I have left the wire antenna off just now as the mast had not set when I took the pics.

Lessons learnt.......again, must fit, blend and polish the nav lights way before we get to the painting stage! Fortunately the fit wasn't too bad but it's still really noticeable that these have been fitted at the end.

Anyway here's a few pics taken in the sun this afternoon, yes, sun again, no snow today just hail earlier! Hope you like her

image_zpshhxpnmvz.jpeg

image_zpsr7hfalni.jpeg

image_zpstzfkwmhh.jpeg

image_zps9xorv6ah.jpeg

image_zpsza0ca6ty.jpeg

image_zpsnrgl3vnx.jpeg

Had to do a wee bit of taxiing and marshalling to find her a wee spot on the shelf though!

image_zpsbwyvxwg3.jpeg

Thanks,

Eng

• Like 54

Great job Eng,

a fine paint scheme indeed! For what it's worth, I prefer a model a bit too clean rather than too dirty.

Well done

JR

• Like 2

That's a world away from the old Airfix Beaufighter. Lovely model and a great paintjob. Those transparencies fairly sparkle too.

• Like 1

Excellent build and finish, I love them looking like this. Panel line wash and pastels for me looks much better than the over pre shaded finish. Top job :thumbsup:

Edited by Triumph
  • Like 1

Hi Eng,

I like that a great deal. A lovely build!

Well done,

Matt

Thank you all very much for the kind feedback.

It's a lovely kit to build and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this one, great looking aeroplane too!

Eng

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...