CMR 1/72 DH Venom FB.4, WR444 (op.Musketeer)

Here is a resin model of DH Venom FB.4.

I tried to build it straight out the box, but spoilt panel lines recessing. So I made new panel recessing and add etched panels and hatches.

Model is painted with Arcus authentic paints:

092 Gun Metal - Exhaust and guns
095 Aluminium - wheel wells, wing-tip tanks,
098 Jet Black - whell tyres
359 Yellow and 360 Night- Musketeer bands
365 PRU Blue - under surfaces
379 Dark Sea Grey and 387 Dark Green- camouflage
380 Medium Sea Grey- drop tanks

IMG_0335_zpsjv7vxgoe.jpgIMG_0336_zpsdiz0vanh.jpgIMG_0338_zpsiesq4jc6.jpgIMG_0340_zps4vohp9hr.jpgIMG_0342_zps3u6odcsh.jpgIMG_0345_zps54savrcc.jpgIMG_0346_zps2yhppbmg.jpgIMG_0351_zpsmn9sxvfs.jpgIMG_0354_zpspglkm3ns.jpg

• Like 25

Nice work! I'm building the CMR Sea Venom right now, and I had quite a few bubbles in mine too. I've made several CMR kits (love the detail!) and this is the first time I've seen bubbles. I can't tell from your photos, but did this kit have photoetch fins for the rockets? The Sea Venom does, and also includes a photoetch jig to align them whilst gluing.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Nice work! I'm building the CMR Sea Venom right now, and I had quite a few bubbles in mine too. I've made several CMR kits (love the detail!) and this is the first time I've seen bubbles. I can't tell from your photos, but did this kit have photoetch fins for the rockets? The Sea Venom does, and also includes a photoetch jig to align them whilst gluing.

Yes, there were metal fins for rocket, but I did not use them.

Now I'm building CMR's Wapiti, there are some bubbles too, but less than in the venom kit.

What a beast! - Very nice looking indeed. I regret a bit that Suez crisis times are a beyond my colletion....

I have very good experience with York conversion by CMR. However recently I was considering buying CMR Nimrod II. But I already started conversion from A-model Fury.... - rather due to difficulties of buying CMR, high price and (last but not least) fun of converting!

Best regards

J-W

• Like 1

A most venomous build. Great to see this aircraft at any time, especially as well done as this. Nice work in the wheel well / striped markings area in particular.

Tony

• Like 1