T-55 STGB Chat

Shermaniac

KMT-7 already in stash, and waiting for my return.

It looks good, and should fit nicely on my AMV.  Although, I've got to Remove a frame from lower hull, and install ERA blocks with extra care as to not impede the roller frame and rigging.

But hopefully will look the part once installed.  Not decided on heavily mine damaged, or general wear and tear yet though.

Guess that will depend on time, and ability😀

Cheers

Paul  

• Like 2

I have made some decisions and some purchases. Nothing much will happen until next weekend, but expect a sudden burst of activity as I have something planned that I hope will be quite interesting.

Apropos of nothing, I've had a look on Scalemates without finding an answer, so maybe someone here will know; do any of the available Tiran 4 or 5 boxings come with Uruguayan markings in the box? 

Andy

• Like 1

Great that we've had some more builds getting underway - looks we've got some fascinating projects in prospect. 

13 hours ago, Rob G said:

Not me. But there's nowt new there. (The kit has yet to arrive, and I haven't ordered the resin coversion set...)

Hi Rob. Hopefully you'll be able to join in soon. 

Kind regards,

Stix 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Silenoz said:

And maybe as a second model...

No promises, but it seems like a stunning kit from the box... Hardly ever seen such a beautiful cast kit...

Looks like it should be an interesting build! :thumbsup:

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Stix

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Well we are just over half way through this STGB. We have a fine collection of builds in progress but it does seem a little quiet in here.....here.......here......here...

I think it's due to this GB not getting much build up beforehand and the fact that V-P and I only ended up stepping in last minute to help out hosting.

It would be great if everyone could do and update post of the current progress of their projects fairly soon so we can have a bit more going on in the latter half of this GB. :poke:

Hope to see some progress photos soon.

Kind regards,

Stix  

• Like 3

On 22/11/2019 at 15:18, PlaStix said:

Hi all. Well we are just over half way through this STGB. We have a fine collection of builds in progress but it does seem a little quiet in here.....here.......here......here...

I think it's due to this GB not getting much build up beforehand and the fact that V-P and I only ended up stepping in last minute to help out hosting.

It would be great if everyone could do and update post of the current progress of their projects fairly soon so we can have a bit more going on in the latter half of this GB. :poke:

Hope to see some progress photos soon.

Kind regards,

Stix  

Hi Stix. I thought that I should give you an update on where I'm at at this moment (It feels like up a creek without a paddle). I returned home on Thursday only to be confronted with a bit of a disaster (see my post in the Chat thread "You go away for three weeks"). So it looks as though I'm going to be busy for the foreseeable future. If I can get any work done on the Tiran 4, I'll post it.

John.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John. I was sorry to see your news and I hope you have made some progress since your original post.

In slightly concerning news for all of us in this GB we only have 4 weeks today until the end of the GB!!!! :frantic:

I know I still have quite a bit to do on mine and I hope everyone else manages more progress on their own builds before Sunday 5th January.

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well there's just under two weeks left until the end of this GB!!!! :frantic:

We've got two fantastic builds in the Gallery - hopefully we'll have a few more before the Gallery closes.

Good luck to anyone still working on their projects. 

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 2

Good evening all.

@Mig Eater, @Rod The Fixer, @Willy, @modelling minion, @exdraken, @Foxbat, @Jabba, @Hewy, @vppelt68, @diases, @Enzo Matrix, @Bullbasket, @Silenoz

I was thinking earlier today about the chat thread post I was going to do tomorrow about there only being one week left in this GB but @Enzo Matrix, Britmodeller's very own GB co-ordinator, has very kindly offered to extend the GB by a week! @vppelt68 and I thought this was a great idea and we have agreed to this kind offer.

So the GB will now end at 23.59 on January 12th 2020.

Good luck to everyone still trying to get their project finished - hopefully the extra week will help!
Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good evening all.

@Mig Eater, @Rod The Fixer, @Willy, @modelling minion, @exdraken, @Foxbat, @Jabba, @Hewy, @vppelt68, @diases, @Enzo Matrix, @Bullbasket and @Silenoz

Just a quick reminder that there is now just one week left to get your build finished and into the Gallery!

It would be great to have a few more to join @Arniec's, @Jabba's and mine.

Good luck if you are still trying to get finished.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 3