T-55 STGB Chat

Shermaniac

Simple enough Guy's

The Soviet/Warsaw-Pact T-55 chassis

The model may represent any vehicle in service with any Nation/Army from it's inception to the present day

Criteria:

The model, as a basis for a Tank and associated vehicles (Recovery, enhanced Trucks, Emergency Vehicles)

The model built must be based on a 'REAL' vehicle and not a paper project (unless that project reached a working prototype trials vehicle stage)

If any offering is in-doubt, the builder should provide evidence of its existence

The Host/co-Host decision is final

Exclusions:

Sci-fi variants (as used in Film or TV)

What-if's including Fantasy, Post Apocolyptic, Steam-Punk etc

Paper projects which did not reach working prototype stage

Voting:

Will initially be in a single block however, If sufficient entries present themselves to the Gallery, seperation may occur by either:

Scale, Era, Soviet vs Other, Geography or similar arrangement - all to be determined after the closing date but prior to voting

1)   Shermaniac (Host)

2)   Smuts (co-Host)

3)   AaCee26

4)   vppelt68

5)   corsairfoxfouruncle

6)   Antoine

7)   Ozzy

8 )   Modeling Minion

9)   Arniec

10) Bull Basket

11) Plasto

12) sgt squarehead

13) snapper city

14) plastix

15) Robert Stuart

16) Etienne

17) Patman

18) Agent G

19) Das Abteilung

20) Sleeper Service

21) Sabre_days

22) SimonT

23) Jabba

24) Hewy

25) Yetifan

So... @Enzo Matrix, is this enough to make this happen? V-P

Edited by PlaStix

I must be mad to sign in but I've been ran over by a T-55, I've crawled under a T-55 and I've ridden a T-55 as a tankdesantnik, holding tight the rails around the turret so I'm in!

No need to be skeptic about your madness! What would happen to me if someone proposes a ZU-23-2 a.k.a. Sergei GB?

Prosit!

AaCee

• 6 months later...

OK.....I'm in, it is the world's most produced AFV after all.  :coolio:

I've got an ACE 1/72 Type 59 (I presume Chinese clones count) in the stash with sufficient aftermarket to replace about half of it, but TBH I'm still terrified of it.  :shutup:  Among the minor issues that the instructions ask you to solve is repositioning almost all of the running gear by several mm!  :o

Somehow I think the new Revell 1/72 kit is a more probable candidate for a completed build.....But what I would really like to build is an Afghan war era T-55M in 1/48.  :pray:

• 1 month later...

Missed this the first time around. I haven't got one in the stash but I'll purchase one if this STGB gets the go-ahead. Please sign me up.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Comrades! There's an alarming increase in activity around the capitalists' contemporary main battle tank (Patton) and its variants. We must stand together and raise enough ranks to counter their aggressive and imperialist plots. Otherwise I'll have YOU all shot! (Writing this commissar-text was surprisingly difficult, but enjoyable...) V-P

• Haha 1

Oh what the heck ... i guess i need to build a Soviet Tank at some point ! Count me in too maybe something from the Middle east. Hey does anyone know if the Syrians used or are using these ? Or something from the Arab/Israeli wars ?  

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Added

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Oh what the heck ... i guess i need to build a Soviet Tank at some point ! Count me in too maybe something from the Middle east. Hey does anyone know if the Syrians used or are using these ? Or something from the Arab/Israeli wars ?  

The Syrian's certainly did use the T-55, and I think they put in an occasional appearance on the news still, and you can get decals for them from the 6 Day War and Yom Kippur from Star Decals, they also do sets covering Egyptian ones.

• Thanks 1

If you ask me about my prefered aircraft, I'll name a dozen without being capable to sort it out.

But ask me about my favourite tank, no hesitation, that will be the iconic T-54/55.

Remember The Beast Of War in 1988? A few month after seeing it, I was in Saumur, on my way to become a tank commander.

So please, count me in!

Edited by Antoine
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A quick up date to the interested list to help out Shermaniac.

• Shermaniac (Host)
  • Smuts (co-Host)
  • AaCee26
  • vppelt68
  • corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Antoine
  • Ozzy
  • Modeling Minion
  • Arniec
  • Bull Basket (tentative)
  • Plasto
  • sgt squarehead
  • snapper city
  • plastix

Anyone one else interested i can add them to the list?

Edited by Plasto
  • Like 1

No no reason I just didn’t scroll up that far when I wrote the list I’ve added you in now. 

Its not my list per se hopefully Shermaniac pops up at some point and resumes administration duties..

• Like 1