Fiat F2 1907 Scratch Build ?

2 hours ago, CrazyCrank said:

Watching your amazing work and imagining your skills, I think I'd rather to stop scratch building anything and learn knitting ...doing that I'll have probably more chances to reach an acceptable level of quality.

@Graham: to optimally experience that compliment and get the most out of it emotionally:

1) Purchase a bag of popcorn and a beer;

2) Turn off your tv and cat;

3) Open this thread;

4) Read through it and let the echo of the quoted compliment massage your mind. 

Let's try to agree that you scratchbuilding lot (too many to mention) on this vehicles section of the forum practice their hobby at a very high level. I am in awe with each and every one of you (and their modesty). I couldn't say who is better than the other because you're all doing so many different things, tackling different subjects and encountering different problems, solving them in different ways... a comparison would be unjust. It's as if you're at a car show and you're admiring this Ferrari and that Alfa Romeo and that Bugatti... each looks so great. Back in the 20s, the engineers who had been working on that Bugatti for months must have thought 'wow!' when they first saw that Fiat being pushed to the starting line... while the engineers working at Fiat must have exactly similarly thought 'wow!' upon seeing the Bugatti. Totally different skillsets / situations, but in my view similar sentiments. 

It's just great to see all this knowhow being effectuated into great modelling. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Roy vd M. said:

Let's try to agree that you scratchbuilding lot (too many to mention) on this vehicles section of the forum practice their hobby at a very high level. I am in awe with each and every one of you (and their modesty). I couldn't say who is better than the other because you're all doing so many different things, tackling different subjects and encountering different problems, solving them in different ways... a comparison would be unjust.

It's just great to see all this know-how being effectuated into great modelling. 

Look who's talking. :rolleyes:

X 2 and perfectly stated.

• Like 2

Folks, many thanks for the compliments. I just wanted to say that how valuable these forums are, when I started this I had no intention of trying to do a full scratch build but when you look around and see the work that is accomplished by many of the modelers it is really inspiring. I have learnt a tremendous amount looking at other builds so it is thanks to all who contribute to the forum.

Graham

• Like 1