From Russia with Love GB chat

• 3 weeks later...

Depending on commitments.... Hell No!... Sign me up. It will be 48th and vehicular but that is as far as I can decide at the moment.

Matt Munro's theme song is one of the best Bond songs IMHO. He didn't do bad on the Italian Job either. The proper film not the pale Hollywood version

• 1 month later...

When seeing the voting list, I remembered this post :o

Well, it is great to add another six names to the list, bringing the total to 37! Thank you all for showing interest. Now you all have to vote for it to give it a chance ^_^ - difficult indeed with so many great suggestions in the mix.

Cheers, Peter

It looks like there is a good chance that this GB will make it into the mix for next year. So many thanks to all who have included it in their votes.

With me and Pin being  mainly aircraft modellers, it would be great to have an additional co-Host on board who builds earth-bound models - any takers?

Cheers, Peter

I thought I had already put myself down for this :confused: .

For some reason I say to people "I don't really model Soviet stuff".

Then I go and make something like a LaGG or Polikarpov. A few times. Then a T-26. Then an R-5. Then I say(

"But I don't really model Soviet stuff".

My stash is full of all sorts of things with red stars on. I must have been in some kind of denial :mental: .

Please count me in, it will be something as strange and obscure as possible, by Amodel (I love Amodel); possibly an autogiro :) .

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 2

I'm in the same boat.  I "don't build" Russian stuff.....which in one sense is true.....I haven't yet!  But there is getting to be a pile in my stash, MiG-21s (x4), MiG-15s (x3), MiG-29 (x2), Su-24, and a ZSU-23.  :lol:

And I keep looking at others.....:banghead:

• Like 3

Yea, there is definitely a certain "appeal" to Russian hardware.

Tony, I thought you only build Soviet Stuff ^_^

helios16v, keep looking, there is some amazing stuff out there and don't forget to vote.

No need to add you to the list, BUT this GB is loosing momentum and is in danger of not making it, so don't forget to place your vote so you can build some of your Russian / Soviet stuff in your stash you normally don't build :blink:

Otherwise you may have to build a Matchbox kit instead and their MiG-21 is - nicely put - not so nice. But hey, it safes you the painting. Thinking about it, that is the ticket for me to actually finish a GB. But on second thoughts, I most likely spend all the time eradicate the famous tram tracks (I think some call them panel lines). :huh:

Cheers, Peter

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I feel one of these coming on:

object-279.jpg

In 1:35!  :o

Go for it. I had another look at my Amusing Hobby kit during the last reorganisation and made distressed noises at the sheer number of bits in the box. I wish Matchbox had done one in 76th, I'd be able to finish that!

I may go hog wild with a nice, simple airliner instead.

• Like 2

I found the picture.

It contrasts a bit with Sarge's tank :o !

We could do a diorama entitled;

"Galapogos turtle meets hover-fly"

Amodel autogiro for GB 2017

:D 

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 2

OKB Grigorov do Objekt 279 in 1/72:  http://shop.okbgrigorov.com/product/25/soviet-heavy-tank-object-279.html

I have the Takom & Panda 1/35 kits.....Hopefully between the bits in the boxes (& the inevitable aftermarket) I can build a reasonable representation.  ;)

I reckon you wil need to stock up on brass & solder and have a good chat with our Nige if you are going to go for that autogyro Tony.....I'd trust AModel to mould all those struts nicely about as far as I could spit a rat.  :unsure:

• Like 2

I've got the kit Sarge, had it some time, but I haven't even taken the bits out and fondled the plastic.

I had best have a look. I bet you're right :shutup: .

Well now it looks like I will have an excuse to join Tony (TheBaron), John (Spadgent), Nigel and the ever growing throng in: 'The Tubebenders and Rodsmelters Social Club'!

I can smell hot flux already..:jump_fire:!

Objekt 279 is pretty imposing to say the least. I love the name, it's almost Sci-Fi:

"My home was blown to pieces by Objekt 279" :D 

ATB

TonyT

• Like 3

Yep Sarge, go for it - These tracks should keep you busy for some time :whistle:

43 minutes ago, Rob G said:

I may go hog wild with a nice, simple airliner instead.

Rob, it would be great to see some airliners in this GB.

30 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

We could do a diorama entitled;

"Galapogos turtle meets hover-fly"

Tony, I had to LOL on this :lol: Maybe we should rename this GB to "Weird and Wonderful"

I think Sarge is on the ball regarding brushing up on your soldering skills. But it is a great subject.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pin said:

Checked the inventory - I have 46 kits that qualify :) Half of my stash literally

It is always nice to have a choice :D Hopefully the Matchbox MiG-21 is part of it as only 3 points separate us now from being in or out :o

8 hours ago, Radleigh said:

I hope it does make it, I've so much to build. If I haven't already started/finished by then I may build the new Neomega Mil-14 conversion, or a Be-10... who knows, so much choice.

So do I, but we need some votes to stay in the race.

Keep them coming. Cheers, Peter

• Like 1