Savoia S.95 1/72

Hi guys, here my nearly full scratch build Savoia sm.95 in 1/72 scale.

Hope u like it :)

sm95-5%2B%25281%2529.jpg

sm95-3d.gif

IMG_2940.JPG

IMG_2959.JPG

IMG_2982.JPG

IMG_3567.JPG

IMG_3573.JPG

IMG_4260.JPG

IMG_4264.JPG

finished model is very big, and I could not picture it in a better way, due to my limited working space. Hope u like it anyway :)

• Like 32

yes. I said mostly cause part of the fuselage (rudders and a 10 ctms section near the tail) is coming from an sm.82

• Like 1

Fascinating build! Have you scratched fuselage and wings? What technique did you use to do these? Vacforming?

And it's great to see a model of an aircraft type that you start googling about. Very educational! Thanks for that :)

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 1

Hi Paolo:

Wonderful build and very nice finished model of a not common subject well chosen and magnificently built. Works like yours deserved a WIP to look how did you do to create this nice looking and elegant machine.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

thanks so much guys. Glad you like my model.

The building process is a combined technique of vacuforming and sand thick plastic pieces. I usually work with plasticard 3 mm thick, allowing me to work well on the edge parts. Is not too hard as it sounds, I mostly need a decent reference and blueprint to be sure of what I am doing, very often there is not so much around about those machines of the past. To learn theme is fascinating also for me.

This model is a unique piece (as my cant z. 1012) belonging to the biggest alfa Romeo model collection of the world, which I am cooperating since 15 yrs.

I train myself on those kinda building with racing cars. who reads me also in automotive forum probably knows I like a lot to create stuff not on the market. recently I start also trucks in big scale.

The satisfaction to create stuff from nothing is a very nice feeling.

glad you like this. thank you again to all

• Like 1