Kicking up Dust! P-47D Thunderbolt.

REPUBLIC P-47D THUNDERBOLT

Hello!

This is my 1/48 Tamiya P-47D Thunderbolt finished in the markings of 1st Lt. Raymond Knight, 346th FS/350th FG,USAAF.

This airframe was based in Pisa, Italy in 1945.

You can see the WIP posts and more pics of the finished build on my blog:

http://thescalemodelhangar.blogspot.co.uk

Happy Modelling!

Darren. :winkgrin:

DSC_5790_zpsumyrt2tj.jpgDSC_5791_zps7a8cayeh.jpg

DSC_5794_zpshht4a0on.jpgDSC_5802_zpslz8x9tnk.jpgDSC_5824_zpsgk3ufqso.jpgDSC_5844_zpsbfhrws4m.jpg

Edited by Tango 1
  • Like 24

That's a superb looking 'Jug' Darren, I like the weathering and the simple base, very much appropriate to an aircraft from the European Theatre - I really must get started on my own Tamiya 1:48 P-47 some time soon!! :Tasty::thumbsup:

Kev :)

Thanks Kev! I tried a slightly different painting technique on this one as I wanted to get a faded look to the panels on the airframe-it's so subtle that one can barely see it in the photographs, but it is there! You will enjoy Tamiya's P-47, it is a joy to build.

what a lovely Jug! sweet painting and weathering

Thank you Reini! Very kind of you!

• Like 1

Thanks Kev! I tried a slightly different painting technique on this one as I wanted to get a faded look to the panels on the airframe-it's so subtle that one can barely see it in the photographs, but it is there! You will enjoy Tamiya's P-47, it is a joy to build.

I have no doubt of that Darren just looking in the box gets me all excited and with Tamiya's well deserved reputation for 'ease of build' in their models, enjoyment is guaranteed!! I will be doing mine in the NMF/ black/white chequers scheme on the box top art of the 'bubbletop' version, using real aluminium foil but I am waiting until I get around to purchasing the 1:48 'Razorback' version from Tamiya as well before I start, so that I can do them both together as a dual build?

Can't wait 'til the day when I start them though!!

Kev :)

• Like 1

Great looking Jug! I love the look of a bubble top P-47 loaded with ordinance,especially that flat belly tank. When I build the one I have I want it too look this good!

• Like 1

fantastic looking 'Jug' nice job on the scheme and finish.....

Thanks!

Just bought a Tamiya P-47 cause of your great work, :goodjob:

lovely weathering!

Pete

Thank you for your kind words Pete! I'll look forward to seeing you build that one. :winkgrin: