Me.262B-1a/U1 Updates (HobbyBoss 1:48)

Me.262B-1a/U1 Updates (HobbyBoss)
1:48 Eduard

boxtop.jpg

HobbyBoss have a growing range of Schwalbe kits that shows no sign of slowing at time of writing, and these two sets will be quite familiar for the most part if you have seen Eduard's other offerings for the range. As usual with Eduard's Photo-Etch (PE) and Mask sets, they arrive in a flat resealable package, with a white backing card protecting the contents and the instructions that are sandwiched between.

Me.262B-1a/U1 (49768)
Unusually for this type of set, it contains three sheets of PE, two of which are nickel plated and pre-painted, the other in bare brass. It's quite a comprehensive set as such, and includes details for the cockpit, gun bay and landing gear bays. The cockpit is augmented with seatbelts; new laminated instrument panels and side consoles at the front and rear that are pre-painted; sidewall details; pre-painted wiring looms; rear deck and sill parts;the missing FuG 350 Naxos Radar Warning Receiver that hangs from the rear-canopy interior; gun-sight and control column upgrades. The gun bay has various small structural parts added, plus a number of pre-painted wiring loom parts that will make the area pop once added to the painted bay. The gear bay is spruced up with wall skin details, small structural parts; new hinges to the bay doors; oleo scissor-links; a wiring loom to the actuator, and brake lines for the struts.

49768.jpg

bin.jpg

Masks (EX507)
The two-seater 262 has quite a few panes in its canopy, and this set of pre-cut kabuki tape masks eases that job for you. As a bonus you also get a full set of wheel hub masks, and two masks for part GP3, which is the armoured windscreen panel that fits inside the primary glazing.

ex507.jpg

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of
logo.gif