The Forgotten Sloggers of Chernobyl

WOW !!!!! :Tasty: :tasty:

I thought I was logged in to a modelling forum, but despite rubbing my eyes three times and refreshing the page twice I'm still convinced that I've logged into somewhere else by mistake and I'm looking at the real thing?! That is a ridiculously good piece of diorama modelling Alesha which deserves to be entered into a modelling competition where I'm sure it would take the Gold medal?

Very well done indeed - that is awesome!!! :coolio::thumbsup:

Kev :)

That is absolutely phenomenal modelling! I too thought the first photo was an image of the real scene! Absolutely brilliant! Everything looks perfect! Very, very well done! :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Superb…….no other word to describe this. An imaginative diorama that really captures the abandonment and decay of military equipment following this huge disaster. Some years ago I was 'fortunate' enough to visit the Chernobyl Museum in Kiev….It was, in places, very very sad but also extremely moving and a stark reminder of the risk we as humans sometimes take with our planet. I well remember photos in the museum showing scenes very reminiscent of that portrayed with this great looking diorama on which so much care and dedication has clearly been taken.

Well Done, Alesha !.

• Like 1

Stroll on,I thought the first picture was a teaser for some models,then the 2nd,3rd,4th etc. Where is the model? Then I realised they all were. Outstanding work and a great idea for a diorama.Well done and thanks for the fantastic photgraphy too.

Can't get over the first picture in the low Sun, stunning. :thumbsup:

I'm with others here - I really did think that first photograph was of the real vehicles. Kraseevaya rahbot! A fitting tribute to the brave men who died of the radiation after trying to contain the effects of this terrible tragedy.

Best Regards,

Jason

Absolutely stunning. Every time I take another look at the pictures another little detail catches the eye. Brilliantly executed.

Superb piece of modelling, even if one recognises that 'radiation' is a fictitious invention of governments.

Rearguards,

Badder

lol wut

• Like 1

That is impressive. There is a lot of careful work which has gone into that. s a lot of rtistic and imaginative thought.

On the music side try. Rick Wakeman : The Children of Chernobyl. Fantastic piano piece. Composed and played by Rick.

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS

The first three photos are amongst the best I've seen of a model anywhere shot in natural light. Both the model and presentation are first class. Magnificent.

Tony

Edited by TheBaron