The Forgotten Sloggers of Chernobyl

You've really captured the negligence and decay perfectly. And the landscaping is fantastic. You get the feeling you could scale the whole thing up and be looking at the real thing.

Every so often you see something on here that just makes you wonder why I bother! That is absolutely stunning. Perfectly modelled, weathered, displayed and photographed and if that has not won a competition somewhere then I am shocked. It was only when I saw the framework on the base that I realised I was actually looking at the model in the first few photos as opposed to reference photos!

The only thing I think your model needs is a soundtrack:

• Like 2

Very nice indeed, and timely too, as today is the 30th anniversary of the disaster.

And so realistic, marvelous skills :jealous:

I love the way you have caught that cloudy, dusty, opaque look of the aircraft perspex which you see in museums where the aircraft is stored outside for a long time. Really well done. A fitting tribute to the brave men who fought the fires and knew in doing so they were going to lose their lives while saving others.

• Like 3

Wow that first picture looked real, I had to take a second look. Fantastic modelling and also the photography to show it off.

Stupid me, scrolling down the post trying to find the actual model. I thought I was playing Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl again!

Really impressed with your detailing and authentic finish. Excellent modelling Alesha.

Alan

Edited by Alan P
  • Like 1

Really impressed with that, like many others, I thought I was looking at reference photos not brilliantly executed models - very well done Alesha.

A very poignant and stark reminder of that terrible day.

Your models are, without question, beautifully built and thoughtfully displayed, but they also certainly convey the feeling of desolation on the ground.

Well done and thank you for sharing.

Wow, way better than awesome, like even beyond fantastic. :) ( small, in joke there referring to another thread I read this morning) seriously though, that is some of the best modelling I've ever seen in all its eerie slpendour. be very proud of what you've done.
Steve.