"Boeing grey"

Does anyone have any idea which, if any, Tamiya or Gunze would be a close match to Boeing Grey ?

Going to be starting on Zvezda's 777-300 in the next couple of weeks

Cheers

Paul

I don't know, but I've used Testors "roll cage" grey bottle which is meant for Nascars which is very close if not the same. It only comes in the paint packs that I know of. One option anyway.

Hi, Paul.

Since you are looking for a water based colour, the only 707 gray I know is this.

Another option could be Gunze Aqueous H338, close to Canadian Voodoo, normally accepted as a close match, but darker.

Regards

Eugenio

If you're in the UK, Halfords Racking Grey is a very close match to FS16515 (Canadian Voodoo Gray) which, as Eugenio says, is supposed to be the closest FS match for Boeing Gray. If you go looking for it be aware that it is normally shelved with the workshop paints rather than the car colours. Unless you're determined to use water based paints, Racking Grey is excellent and it's now my standard Boeing Gray. It's a very fast-drying enamel and you have to be comfortable either with using a rattle can or with decanting into an airbrush.

Hi, Paul.

Since you are looking for a water based colour, the only 707 gray I know is this.

Another option could be Gunze Aqueous H338, close to Canadian Voodoo, normally accepted as a close match, but darker.

Regards

Eugenio

Yes, Voodoo grey is a bit darker, seen the actual Voodoo many times in the museum here. It might work in a very small scale airliner. The Xtracolor one would be good.

I don't know where the 'little bit darker' myth came from. I once painted swatches of X301 and 16515 directly bedside each other, and once they dried they were the next thing to indistinguishable. The only way I could tell them apart were the brush marks.

• Like 1

I don't know where the 'little bit darker' myth came from. I once painted swatches of X301 and 16515 directly bedside each other, and once they dried they were the next thing to indistinguishable. The only way I could tell them apart were the brush marks.

Maybe the paint on the Voodoo I saw was getting old and seemed darker over time?, although it was always inside. If they are close enough, that's great, would make it easier to get.