OV-10A Bronco

Ian

Mornin' folks

Just a thought, well a question to be honest: You may remember that I bought m'self the Kittyhawk Bronco a couple of months back, last week, I started idly cutting a few of the larger parts off the sprue just to check the fit etc, and - I'm being absolutely honest here - without trying to, or meaning to, I found after an hour that I had built three of the major sub-assemblies.

start_zps5xoduxk2.jpg

Sub-assemblies_zpsbqm1y42g.jpg

Which brings me to this - given that it's definitely NOT a main-stream subject would there be any interest here at Britmodeller for a review-as-I-build type article ??? - Just my thoughts as I bring the thing together, not as any sort of expert, (I'm definitely NOT that), just as an ordinary modeller who happens to like the subject.

OK, thassit, over to you.

Ian.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 4

Thanks Mr. B, I really enjoyed your Philippine AF version over at LSP.

Ian.

Cheers Ian

Just had some minor issues with the outer wings and that pesky nose light.....all else was smooth sailing and do be careful with the guns. They are very fragile........

What markings are you going for ?....I have one more to get to ...a Thai one.....

Will be following your progress

Rgds

Brian

• Like 1

I'm in as I have one !

Guy

• Like 1

The Bronco is an intriguing plane, I was on a trip to Hong Kong and found a really cool model shop, the Bronco just kept calling to me, and I had to buy it.

The kit looks really great, I'm just surprised to have seen so few built.

I'd love to see how you get on.

Please share more.

• Like 1

Cheers Ian

What markings are you going for ?....I have one more to get to ...a Thai one.....

Rgds

Brian

Going with the USAF one from the box, with the red chequers on the rudder - Apparently it was only ever photographed once at an air show (Cleveland Oh. I think), so I can do something I never normally do... finish a model 'clean' !!

Hey, Brian did you have any problems with the decals ??

Guys thanks for the very positive response. I'll start properly on Monday once 'Daddies Little Stormtroopers' have gone back to school after the Autumn break.

AFN

Ian.

• Like 2

Going with the USAF one from the box, with the red chequers on the rudder - Apparently it was only ever photographed once at an air show (Cleveland Oh. I think), so I can do something I never normally do... finish a model 'clean' !!

Hey, Brian did you have any problems with the decals ??

Guys thanks for the very positive response. I'll start properly on Monday once 'Daddies Little Stormtroopers' have gone back to school after the Autumn break.

AFN

Ian.

Cheers Ian.....nice choice of markings.....No I did not have issue with the decals.....but I cut them up in smaller portions for the Instruments...........the Philippine version had not much of large decals though only for the tasty sharkmouth....all went on well........

Hope to see updates

Rgds

• Like 1

Wee bit of a delay, folks - No EZ Line in my 'drawer of many things' and I need it for all the wiring in the 'pit. I've ordered some but because I'm down here in NZ, I'll be doing a fair bit of waiting by the post-box. It will happen, just a wee bit later than I'd hoped.

Don't touch that dial.

Ian.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.justflight.com/product/bronco-x

Ha !! - I fly that machine all the time in Microsoft FSX, my absolute favourite, especially going between the alps from Bayern in to Schweiss... To do the Luftwaffe version, I'd need to take-off the sponsons and rebuild/fill the lower fuselage. I was VERY tempted, though...

Ian.

Edited by Ian

• 1 month later...

JUST seen this Ian.

I have the kit in the stash and would be very interested to see how it all goes together and a real modeller's views on the subject rather than a magazine or the company's own self-promotional review.

Great work so far mate!

Gary

Edited by redcap