Kawasaki Ki-45 Toryu (Nick), Revell 1/72

Hi,

Another 40 years old model from my shelvs: Kawasaki Ki 45 Toryu (nickname "Nick" :) ) , kit by Revell. I made it in 1977 I think. (EDIT:) Painting scheme is of 3 Chutai, 53 Sentai JAAF, Matsuda airfield, Chiba Prefecture Japan, Dec. 1944.

Silver paint was applied using spray from cane, green by Humbrol Authentic. A day before yesterday I cleaned it with water but white strips from top of wing and on top of fuselage were still remaining dirty. I sand them off a bit, very gently and repaint adding then new decals. Then - some varnish on them.

Comments welcome

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

ki45 DSC01592ki45 DSC01591ki45 DSC01590

ki-45 DSC01594

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 8

Another nice Japanese type from you Jerzy and I like the way that the brush painted green mottling looks on your models of Japanese aircraft. The sharp edges to each patch looks quite accurate I feel as most of the camouflage on the real aircraft was hand painted in the field anyway, so it's actually more accurate to paint the model by brush rather than airbrush - very well done!! :coolio::thumbsup:

Kev :)

• Like 1

Hi Jerzy!!!

Have trouble to watch the pics, will try tomorrow at the job as maybe my PC have not been working properlyor Mr.Photobucket won't let us watch. I was watching a little after the Hayate and watched some pics but here its not possible for me. Maybe tomorrow will have some positive looking.

Cheers,

>Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Hi Jerzy!!!

Fortunately now have been watching your nice build, witout a doubt you are very fortunate to have all those nice japanese twins...those jewels look elegant and wonderful the way you have finished them , it was a dream to have all but anyway, thinking its ahead more time than life, maybe something will be inthehorizon one day to have and build them.

Liked a huge lot the way youpainted her, and even the cosmetic adds-ons you did to make herpresentable to the society here, those nice planes look esplendent in all. Also liked a lot the soft weathering you did. It willbeinteresting to know how yu did the green paint and the spinners, ifyou can and remember as those details are interesting to learn.Thanks in advance.

At the time you did those magnificent builds I was thinking more in girls and math troubles than modeling, it was a hard time dealing with but fortunatelly all thepain ended and next year was the beginning of a nice modeling experience that have not ended...even though have promised two times when things went no so good as a self punishment not to build anymore...but reading facts in Readers Digest and other magazines, pictures in the newspaper, or simply watching to the sky at a non standard for those days rare flying machines from abroad, made me to be an inveterate model builder and aviation follower.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1