1/48 Jagdtiger

bigfoot

Right, my first project post on this forum. I've been modelling in some form or another for a good few years but in the last 3-4 years I haven't had the space or time to do much modelling. That hasn't stopped me from picking up various bits and pieces for the stash over that time, waiting for the time I am able to get back into it! I have finally started to find some time to get cracking on a project with one eye on moving house in August and finally having a place to do it!

So to get rid of the rust, I've started on a 1/48 jagdtiger. This will be pretty much OOTB build, with the exception of a black dog set for the track hangers and crew.

Jagdtiger_zpsdjko3tvs.jpg

I really like these tamiya quarterscale kits, good details and really nice to build. I want to build it set at the very end of the war, fresh out the factory, still in primer, based off of some pictures out there of Jagdtigers on the factory assembly line. As such it will have no tools on it, just the empty fittings, which will just be the plastics kit parts with the tools removed and drilled out where necessary. As the track hangers are moulded into the spare links, I picked up the black dog resin pack to replace these. I've also replaced the grab handles with copper wire to add some detail in.

Jagdtiger-2_zpszcsm626b.jpg

Jagdtiger-3_zpsuu65cf0y.jpg

Jagdtiger-4_zpsucixecw8.jpg

Jagdtiger-5_zpsdvcdcjqy.jpg

Jagdtiger-7_zpsoqafjjrv.jpg

Jagdtiger-8_zpsrvge8llv.jpg

So far I've got it mostly built into sub assemblies. One side of tool mounts are done and attached, as is the rear other than a few bits of pcard, the other side still needs doing.

The link and length are pretty decent on this kit. I've not used them before but they went together a lot easier than I thought they would and look pretty good. I've left them in two halves until after painting.

Jagdtiger-6_zps4zshjyc8.jpg

Can't promise regular updates on this project, but I will whenever I get the opportunity.

• Like 2

A good start indeed, those quarter scale kits are lovely, aren't they. Completed half a dozen of them myself, with another 7 or so in the stash. Not sure I'd be brave enough to separate the tools from the hangers though, so good on you for trying it, you've done a grand job.

By a happy coincidence, I've just resumed work on my Hobbyboss T34/85 which, if I may blatantly hijack this thread, may be found Here.

• 1 month later...